1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Key Competencies: A drive to learn and ask questions To have strong problem solving skills and numeracy. Effective communicator People skills (approachable, friendly and confident) Organised and able to work to deadlines Continuous improvement mindset Cross-boundary and site collaboration Inspiring accountability Ability to work both in a team and on their own
External: Customers and suppliers
Internal: Managers, external sales team, colleagues based in other Xylem facilities and facility visitors of any description Skills/Experience Required
Previous experience of working within an engineering environment, ideally the water industry.
Previous experience of using Creo Parametric, Solidworks or Inventor.
Experience working with bespoke systems (Quote, AS400) is advantageous although not essential.
Educated to Degree Level in any Engineering discipline.
Experience within a customer service role dealing with a high volume of enquiries / orders and or complaints
Literate in spoken and written English.
Calm, considered and diligent in approach
Presentable, polite and well mannered
Would suit a design/applications engineer looking to move in to a more commercial role.
Other local requirement:
Follow all ESH policies and procedures
Take responsibility for your own safety & watch out for the safety of co-workers and co-operate with employer on ESH matters
Immediately report hazards, near misses and unsafe behaviors to your supervisor
Participate in safety related activities as appropriate i.e. risk assessment process / audits.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).