Global Practice Manager, Asset Performance
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: This role is accountable for developing Xylem’s global approach in the area of Asset Performance Management. S/he will be responsible for creating and implementing an integrated strategies and solutions to help water and wastewater companies improve their physical asset reliability and resiliency while minimizing their total cost of ownership. These strategies will use Xylem’s full range of software, products and services to enable predictive and condition-based, prognostic asset performance solutions. Success in this role requires strong consulting skills, strong stakeholder management skills, a multi-disciplinary understanding of water and wastewater technology systems and solutions, and a pragmatic and aggressive commercial instinct.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Develop Xylem’s holistic “CXO-ready” Integrated Asset Performance framework.
- Understand client pain points related to water and wastewater linear and vertical assets
- Map Xylem’s existing offerings to these pain points and develop an outcome-based framework for addressing them with Xylem solutions
- Establish client segments based on problem sets and define reference solution architectures, commercial approaches and business models for each major client segment
Connect the Dots at Xylem
- Understand the full range of Xylem solutions that address this domain area
- Convene and engage a cross-Xylem Global Practice Group to develop shared technology roadmap, integrated solution architectures, standardized offerings and nomenclature
- Develop clear “rules of the road” for engagement to and align various strategies throughout the organization
- Define “sales and operations planning” processes and practices from inquiry to order to delivery aligned with stakeholder organization within Xylem
- Develop a variety of commercial models for delivering solutions, including outcome-based pricing, gain-sharing, and programmatic / recurrent subscription pricing
- Develop pricing tools and models for use to price client programs
- Work with procurement advisor to develop standard approaches to accelerate procurement
Develop and Train
- Develop training materials and program to equip Xylem’s Solution Architects with the ability to understand client needs, Xylem solutions, and Xylem Vue selling approach
- Act as trainer, mentor, coach for Solution Architects to equip them to achieve sales targets
- Spend time with clients opening up new opportunities and listening to voice of client
- Monitor competitor solutions and strategies to ensure Xylem Vue solutions remain differentiated
- Act as industry thought leader, obtaining industry engagement and speaking opportunities to raise Xylem Vue’s profile
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; MBA or master’s degree in related area is a plus.
- 10+ years of related industry experience required with focus on asset performance.
- Previous product management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the water and wastewater industry and specific product knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of digital solution offerings, customer value creation, development of varied business models
- Previous budget responsibility preferred.
- Clear working knowledge of effective communications channels required and proficiency in digital marketing.
- Deep experience and knowledge on asset performance and asset management strategies
- Experience and knowledge on data driven technologies for asset performance management
- Experience with outcome-based / performance-based contracts
- Preferred strong knowledge of both linear and vertical assets
- Consultative selling
- People development and Training
- Financial and Business model acumen
- Customer and Market Intelligence
- Market and Product Innovation
- Market Strategy and Planning
- Sales Enablement and Execution
- Data driven
- Cross Company Collaboration
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel requirement: 30-50%