1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a technically skilled customer oriented Applications Engineer. This position will provide the technical leadership in helping utilities, municipalities, and utility co-ops deploy wireless metering infrastructure and meters along with our proprietary Regional Network Interface software. Also responsible for delivering a system solution that is optimized, reliable, and flexible that provides advanced measurement, data collection, analysis and control capabilities and helps our customers improve operational efficiency while reducing their environmental impact.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Technical customer interface working with Project Management.
- Conducts in depth database monitoring and analysis for Sensus Regional Network Interface data streams.
- Responsible for system integrations & analysis for the Sensus FlexNet System.
- Troubleshoots highly complex system level issues that encompass system configuration, hardware, firmware, and software.
- Monitor system hardware and software for proper delivery of data for customer operations.
- Assist customer to optimize the system information requirements for their business processes.
- Provide feedback to design and development engineering for product improvement.
- Engage development engineering in system troubleshooting as required
- Work with Field Sales teams, value added resellers, and distributors to deliver fully functional, configured, operational system that meets all of our customers Service level agreements.
- Develops bash shell/Perl Scripting as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences; or 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in design, development, or system engineer role.
- Experience in the utility or telecommunications considered a plus.
- Must have Perl and/or Unix shell scripting.
- Mid-level Unix and Windows administration experience.
- Recent Mid-level SQL experience (MS SQL, Postgres, and Oracle).
- Solid understanding of telecommunications concepts (CPE, backhaul, POTS networking).
- Solid understanding of basic networking concepts (ping, ssh, telnet, ftp, traceroute, etc.).
- Ability to work independently with little direction and also be a team player.
- Self-directed, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- General background in RF technologies.
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com for customer service considered a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 50% at times
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Willing to travel up to 50% at times
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.