HR Business Partner
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyse, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Junior HR Business Partner for Montecchio Operations is a trusted partner to deliver best practice that supports the site, in particular the Operations and Manufacturing departments to achieve their operating plan.
Coaching leaders, building talent, negotiation with works councils/unions, managing daily stuffs regarding personnel, driving new projects to develop engagement are all key elements of the role.
The role operates within an HR Shared Services environment (for support with payroll and HR admin).
The incumbent for this role should be an enthusiastic person, an advocate for best practice HR solutions and challenging the status quo, a team builder, and someone with a passion for working in the water industry in a future Industry 4.0 manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
General approach and cultural fit
- Adopts a coaching approach, actively supporting business leaders to implement the best HR policies, practices and tools to build a word class talent pool and achieve objectives in an operations environment
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continuous improvements in efficiency of the HR department and its services
- Leads HR projects which may include adoption of new technology, processes, culture or managing the employment lifecycle
- Acts as a positive force in driving a culture around collaboration and customer centrality through training, development and organizational design
- Takes an active role in the achievement of Watermark activities for the site through planning activities with company Watermark Champions
Training & Talent Development
- Ensures all new employees are oriented into the company and aware of our values and commitment to customers and safety.
- Supports business leaders with Talent Development, Employment Branding, Talent Assessment, Retention and Manpower Planning and Pipeline building/Succession planning
- Coordinates training and development activities, needs analysis, prioritising for growth
- Actively promotes the annual performance management process, coaching and supporting leaders to recognize our best talent through regular development and feedback
- Implements company annual salary increase and bonus process to timeline and budget, rewarding our best performers and ensuring market competitiveness of remuneration strategies.
- Handles all employee relations matters, coaching and giving guidance for resolution.
- Coaches supervisors on regulatory requirements and conflict resolution to promote a culture of empowerment and feedback at a local level to minimize escalation of employee grievances.
Payroll & Compliance
- Stays current on laws and legal compliance issues and ensure compliance to all payroll and taxation liabilities (note, the role will partner with HR shared services model from 2019)
- Ensures compliance to all standards including ISO and SOX
Compensation & organizational design
- Reviews organizational structure and design for improvement opportunities to ensure achievement of short, medium and longer term objectives. Reviews compensation structure and programs as required which may include job description reviews, compensation analysis and market benchmarking.
- Manages expats or global mobility assignments.
- Proactively manages relationship with the external and internal unions and works councils
- Coaches leaders to manage this relationship and encourages local dispute resolution
- Building talent capability
- Consulting & Business Partnership
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Creating organizational capability
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Developing capability
- Effective communication
- Inspiring accountability
- Know the business
- External: Unions, payroll or timekeeping providers
- Internal: All levels of management and employees. The role has considerable influence across a large site.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent skills in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- 6+ years of professional experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment
- English and Italian fluency
Office based with exposure to manufacturing environment
Other local requirement:
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (For example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc.)