Director of Sales, Channel Management
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: In this role you will own the process by which Water Infrastructure (WI) decides whether to pursue a direct sales model or an indirect (distribution) model in specific geographies across the portfolio of Xylem transport, treatment & dewatering solutions. This evaluation and process will be based on a number of quantitative and qualitative inputs that result in the maximum value for Xylem and our customers and should be done on a regular basis to ensure maximum potential. The ultimate goal of this process will be to drive a holistic alignment of Xylem solutions, where possible, in direct or indirect models to create the opportunity to sell One Xylem solutions. Where we pursue an indirect channel, this team will have ownership of those relationships to drive strategic data driven and proactive management of those partnerships.
In addition, this role will also have a responsibility for building out a strategic accounts team that will focus on key accounts across Water Infrastructure driving relationships at all levels in those accounts with a particular focus on the executive level. Success will be defined as increasing sales in those accounts not only in Water Infrastructure but also across the various Xylem businesses.
This position will be part of a key leadership team for the North America Water Infrastructure business that strives to achieve overall company goals in terms of revenue and profitability, image, reputation, and customer service. The North America Director of Sales – Channel Management will require strong leadership, communication and influence skills to effectively lead the team, manage key customer accounts, and also collaborate with peers and upper management across the Xylem organization.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- This role will be responsible for the $250M of indirect channel revenue within Water Infrastructure North America
- Establish, develop and refine a channel analysis process for evaluating the financial value of a direct vs indirect channel to market vs the market opportunity for a given geography
- Regular reviews and analysis of the channel process to ensure Xylem go-to market strategy is current
- Where Xylem is indirect, develop a Master Business Plan with each distributor to maximize potential for Xylem and the distributor. The plan must include Representative Goals, Targeted Accounts, Perspective OEM’s, Growth of Major Trade Area’s, Etc.
- Deliver orders and sales targets versus budgets. Work with Rep/distributor to increase Sales & Market Share of products in territory and region.
- Evaluate new indirect channels. Open new representation where and when necessary. Close existing representation where and when necessary
- Develop holistic channel alignment strategy that maximizes potential for 1 Xylem solutions
- Build lasting partnerships with indirect channels where appropriate.
- Develop Strategic Account plan and strategy
- Target strategic accounts to maximize growth
- Represent Xylem at appropriate indirect channel councils & conferences
- Maintain Large Project funnel with coordination and updates from channels.
- Assist Marketing in defining new Markets and Product Opportunities.
- Partner with Water Infrastructure finance for financial accountability and growth plans
- Keep Management advised of competitors’ activities.
- Effectively motivate team to implement Strategies.
- Ability to Coach, Strong Work Ethics, Risk-Taker, Accountable, Manage by Prevention, Distributor Conflicts, Timely submittal of required reports, Organization, Able to make Decisions, Ability to Work Independently
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- S. in Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA considered a plus
- 15 years’ experience in sales and/or operations management with a focus in complex engineered industrial products & services
- Solid presentation skills, technical capabilities
- Previous Leadership and Managerial experience
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is required
- Financial exposure & management of P&L
- Channel Management Experience required
- Good communication, organization skills , and computer literacy,
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value based selling.
- Leadership Managerial Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior Oral & Written Communication
- Basic computer: Word, Excel (at least pivot table capability), PPT presentations
- Managerial, interpersonal, broad knowledge of vertical market (Utility, Industrial) industry, trade associations, codes/standards, presentation skills, and excellent technical capabilities.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Xylem Manufacturing Sites
- Channel Offices
- Construction Site Visits as Needed
- Field Trade Shows
- Standard weekly job hours: 40+
- As required to fulfill the duties listed above (typically 50%). Other travel both domestic and sometimes international as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.