Sr HR Business Partner
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Sr. HR Business Partner is a hands-on role that delivers full cycle Human Resources services enabling the organization to attract, manage, develop and retain colleagues to meet customer needs and achieve business objectives. This role provides internal customer support and drives HR functional excellence and process improvement. This position will support various function at our Morton Grove, IL facility.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Implement initiatives and programs and/or provide service in any of the following areas: labor relations, recruiting & staffing, employee relations, engagement & retention, performance management, employee development and training, organizational effectiveness, compensation, rewards and recognition, succession planning, health & welfare benefits, and completing personnel transactions.
- Responsible for the administration and communication of all benefit plans to employees, including annual enrollment process. Serve as liaison and employee advocate as required and assist in resolving concerns and questions.
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition COE and hiring managers, manages recruitment efforts from initiation of the requisition through interviews and offer development
- Consistently applies lean principles, a continuous improvement mindset and ensures standard work is maintained. Leverages & integrates technology to increase productivity, performance & engagement and facilitates an employee self-service environment.
- Support/facilitate significant organizational change initiatives.
- Monitor and report on key HR metrics for Operations.
- Responsible union related functions at the facility to include labor agreement preparation and participation at the negotiation table; negotiation and approval of all local union agreements; primary role in grievance procedure; manages union/supervision relations; ensures training of supervisors on labor agreement and/or labor law; responsible for all employee relation issues for union employees; prepares arbitration cases.
- Investigate and resolve employee conflicts, when applicable. Consult with internal and external legal counsel as applicable on employment matters.
- Conduct various instructor led training classes for employee and manager groups on topics including Code of Conduct, Performance Management, anti-harassment, etc.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; assisting in the interpretation of policies and procedures, evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solutions; coaching and counseling managers and employees, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the company's organizational structure, operations, values and culture to support and promote Xylem's vision, mission and strategies. Identify, recommend and develop process, policy and procedural improvements in alignment with current Federal and State laws.
- Works with site leadership to achieve business unit goals that align with the strategy of Xylem Americas.
- Leads and/or serves on project teams as assigned.
- Build productive relationships with managers within the facility.
- Acts as an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field, preferably Human Resources
- 5+ years' relevant experience in a Human Resources or HR Business Partner role
- 3+ years' direct experience in Labor Relations
- Administration of Union Labor agreements preferred
- Manufacturing experience required
- Strong Collaboration, consultative, presentation, and analytical skills
- Ability to act independently and quickly solve problems, make decisions with a strong customer oriented focus
- Strong organization and business communications skills (oral and written) are required
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Business System and HRIS system knowledge required, Workday knowledge a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.