1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Buyer to work at our Pewaukee, WI office. This position is responsible for purchasing/planning of machine parts and services, castings, fabrications, part finishing/paint and MRO items. This position will also support expediting, product launches, production scheduling, customer service, and operations. The position requires being able to multi task, and meet deadlines to exceed customer expectations. The buyer will be responsible for vendor selection to best meet total cost requirements. Participation on continuous improvement process teams and sourcing projects is required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Purchases machine part and services, fabrications, castings and part finishing.
- Prepares purchase orders and monitors inventory requirements.
- Responsible for purchase order accuracy, including making changes, and expediting
- Assists with selection of qualified vendors and monitors their performance for quality, delivery and cost.
- Maintains vendor relationship to ensure suppliers meet on-time delivery and quality requirements.
- Utilizes total cost analysis to evaluate supply chain options.
- Works closely with the Production Scheduler to enable accurate forecasting and delivery schedules.
- Understand commodities/markets to ensure competitive prices.
- Collaborates with all departments to ensure on-time delivery.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field and at least three (3) years of related experience in similar industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with ERP systems is a must.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Effective communication and problem solving skills are essential.
- Must be able to work in an office environment, some reaching, bending and lifting. Must be able to communicate in English on the phone and through e-communications.
- Office: Primarily work in office setting.
- Shop: Exposure to shop elements will be frequent.
- Travel: Up to 10% domestic travel.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.