Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Technical Project Manager (PM)/Scrum Master (SM) acts as the liaison between a multi-discipline software development team and their clients and serves as a role model and a servant leader helping team members realize their maximum potential by removing obstacles and empowering the team to deliver. The Technical PM/SM cultivates a culture of pro-activeness in the team and encourages the team to think holistically about the development effort.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Experienced Scrum Master who will exhibit agile leadership and a deep understanding of what it means to conduct oneself as a servant leader.
- Client implementation experience a plus.
- Project management expertise required.
- Strong attention to detail, be highly organized with experience managing project schedules and budgets.
- Creates, maintains, and manages all facets of the projects assigned including things such as; day to day project management, weekly project team meetings, sprint planning, stakeholder management, risk management, resources allocation, project reporting and budget management and alignment, and organizational change management.
- Actively builds and works with cross-functional teams, and coordinate across departments to motivate project team members to complete projects according to both internal and external deadlines.
- Responsible for overall risk management as it relates to the project and the decisions made regarding system selection and implementation.
- Actively seeks methods to enhance overall efficiency and performance. This can mean taking a more active role in day-to-day work within the project lifecycle such as Jira task prioritization or identifying cost-saving opportunities or business process changes at the organizational level.
- Communicates between team members and departments during the project lifecycle to present findings to stakeholders.
- Keeps open lines of communication with all clients to ensure that expectations are set development and delivery schedules are in line with both team’s needs.
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution while also getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitates and implements appropriate dashboards and tracking of all work.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA or BS in a technological discipline; MBA or equivalent technical degree preferred.
- Certifications required: Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Scrum Master & Project Management experience combined.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability communicate effectively, orally, in writing and presentation.
- Jira Studio
- MS Project
- Project Financial Accounting
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to operate independently and apply strategic thinking with technical depth.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with staff/contractors/consultants/vendors.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Skilled and knowledgeable at servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
- Understanding of various agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problems solving.
- Utilizes a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.