Senior Manager, Sales and Use Tax
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Direct and manage sales and use tax organization in the United States and Canada, which consists of internal and external resources.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Oversee sales and use tax compliance, including managing third-party provider and business units
- Ensure indirect tax payment, reporting and compliance obligations are satisfied
- Develop, implement, maintain and continuously improve sales and use tax organization
- Oversee day to day operations of sales and use tax organization, including developing and reviewing internal and external operational reports
- Monitor tax legislation, regulations, rulings, etc. and analyze potential impact on Xylem’s businesses
- Manage the automation and administration of sales/use tax, knowledge and experience in using sales/use tax engines, and drive audit defense issues to resolution.
- Establish methods and procedures to assess, quantify and manage indirect tax risks and keep management fully informed
- Lead and participate in tax dispute planning and resolution
- Partner with Compliance stakeholders to support sales and use tax audits, including the gathering of tax exempt certificates from customers for in-process audits, as well as providing other support on an as-needed basis.
- Mentor and train members of the sales and use tax team
- Coordinate activities with key finance stakeholders and business partners
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Taxation (or related field) is required. Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Taxation (or related field) is a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience working with indirect taxes in a large global corporation or national accounting firm
- Technical expertise in sales and use taxes including indirect tax automation, administration and audit defense issues
- Familiarity with complex business and legal entity structures
- Have experience managing projects with external advisors to drive projects forward with practical advice and within budget
- Masters degree and/or CPA preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Standard weekly job hours: Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month .
- Travel 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.