1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Monitoring Specialist based out of its Calgary office to support the AFO Monitoring Group in the on-going remote site maintenance and optimization of their acoustic monitoring sites located all over the world.
SoundPrint™ Acoustic Fiber Optics technology continuously monitors the acoustic activity of various pipelines, bridges, and structures. In pipelines SoundPrint™ AFO identifies acoustic events associated with the failure of prestressing wires. SoundPrint™ AFO continuously tracks the condition of each pipe in the line and reports the time and location of breaking prestressing wires. Our engineers and physicists maintain the monitoring systems, analyze the data, and provide owners with continuous on-line updates on the condition of their infrastructure.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review system operation of Xylem monitoring sites for various clients
- Remote analysis and troubleshooting of site performance
- Quickly addressing, troubleshooting and resolving all site concerns
- Performing maintenance on existing systems as required, and testing of new equipment before on-site installation
- Management of site optimization and system parameters, ensuring reliable and accurate data acquisition
- Analysis of data trends to aid in the identification of concerns with our Pipeline Management Group
- Review of pipeline drawings, inspection data and client lay schedules to help develop and evaluate graphical mapping display of acoustic information and pipeline attributes
- Data and signal analysis of acoustic information
- Commissioning of new monitoring equipment
- Support various engineering operation needs in the design and installation of new monitoring sites
- Regular communication of site functionality to project team
- Client contact providing regular reports highlighting system functionality and uptime
- Occasional travel throughout North America may be required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel VBA, PowerBI or PowerApps experience would be considered an asset
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting and changing priorities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Capability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Some pipeline construction background or knowledge is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- Experience with pipeline mapping and construction lay sheets and drawings an asset
- Computer, networking, and operating system knowledge and troubleshooting experience an asset
- Experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of data acquisition systems an asset
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.