1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Support the Manager, Corporate Accounting to ensure all Corporate Accounting companies follow GAAP and Xylem’s internal financial policies and procedures. Ensure the team is compliant with SOA and internal controls.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Manage accounting activities related to closing corporate general ledgers, intercompany allocations, account reconciliations, cash management applications and financial reporting.
- Assist Manager, Corporate Accounting in assessing and executing proper accounting treatment for complex corporate accounting areas such as debt, derivatives, dividends, restructuring, acquisitions, and others; including new accounting pronouncements as adopted.
- Work with the Manager, Corporate Accounting to identify and implement opportunities to streamline and improve the efficiency of the Corporate Accounting Group’s reporting and accounting processes and ensure that closing deadlines are maintained.
- Assist Manager, Corporate Accounting in maintaining control procedures to ensure complete and accurate recording of all accounting transactions noted above on headquarters ledgers.
- Compile and analyze financial information to find opportunities for possible cost savings.
- Complete special projects that are assigned throughout the year.
- Backup for other team members as needed.
- Business Partnership
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
- Finance project management
- Corporate functional management and administrators
- Corporate FP&A
- Global Business Services
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Degree in Accounting; CPA or MBA preferred but not required.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience including experience working in a large global corporation.
- Strong analytic and financial reporting skills.
- Knowledge of Excel, Oracle, Blackline, FDM, PDM and Hyperion.
- Ability to work with both a variety of management and staff levels.
- Able to set priorities and meet deadlines in a changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage individual responsibilities with an emphasis of self-review.
- Experience with financial tools including Oracle, Blackline and Hyperion preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: <=25%
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Position will be in the Rye Brook Headquarters Office to work closes with the other Chief Accounting Officers team
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands for monthly and quarterly fiscal closes.
- Travel: very minimal
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.