Financial Analyst - Operations
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Financial Analyst in the Sensus Operations Finance organization. This position is responsible for the accounting and finance work necessary for the manufacturing operations and will be based in one of the following locations with some remote work flexibility: DuBois, PA, Raleigh, NC, Uniontown, PA.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly closing duties which include reviewing financial statements, producing management reports, completing variance analysis, entering journal entries, performing account reconciliations and other responsibilities to ensure financial statements are accurate and complete in accordance to US GAAP
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reports for material costs, labor efficiency, overhead spending, and cost of poor quality
- Consistently work to improve underlying accounting and finance processes with a focus on continuous improvement and reduction of non-value added work
- Work to integrate new product launch work centers and cost centers to ensure smooth transition of any/all new product launches and discontinuations
- Build standardized site level financial reporting packages and create automated reporting out of OneStream and/or Oracle
- Partner directly with project owners to track capital projects and their related CIP, and assist in completing close-out forms for asset capitalization
- Work to implement standard Xylem Standard Operating Procedures and cost accounting practices across the facility and ensure alignment with other site best practices
- Ensure local compliance with all documented SOX controls and understand changes in the business environment that affect control functionality and performance
- Assist in preparation of annual operating plan and monthly / quarterly forecasts
- Review monthly vendor scrap and ensure vendor credits are being appropriately applied and/or accrued
- Other ad-hoc duties and analyses as needed
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilitie:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting, Finance. MBA or CPA a plus
- 3+ years of relevant Accounting or Finance experience
- Manufacturing cost accounting experience is highly preferred
- Thorough understanding of standards under U.S. GAAP
- Strong understanding of transactional flows in an integrated ERP
- Proficiency using Excel to summarize and analyze data including use of pivot tables and lookups
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement
- Individual will be self-motivated and has experience working with multiple teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- This job may work hybrid remote
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.