Field Sales Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The position is responsible for the market development and growth of Xylem product sales & services into the Building Services market via specification sales through Consultants, contractor’s & Distributors as determined by the management team. The incumbent will be tasked with identifying & exploiting sales, opportunities, applications and support for all products services available through Xylem Water Solutions UK Ltd.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To sustain and grow the specifications of Building Services products and services within the UK market through both consultants & contractors.
- Work with other Sales Teams to ensure above market rate growth within the Building Services market sector.
- To develop and maintain Building Services specifications in all Xylem applications and work with existing / new channel partners and work in partnership with Field Sales Engineers to ensure maximum potential gain in share of wallet.
- Analyse sales data and arrange your activities in accordance with needs to grow the business within your identified areas of responsibility.
- To liaise closely with other Area Sales Manager’s and Field Sales Engineers to ensure cross-communication of ideas and successes and, where appropriate carry out joint visits to support Field sales Engineers to gain incremental business with the Building Services markets.
- To work alongside Sales Management to develop an Annual Growth Plan identifying strategic and financial goals for all Xylem products and services demonstrating how these will be achieved.
- To produce timely and credible forecast information and ensure key metrics and KPI are met and communicated.
- To identify, develop and support any alliances in the Building Services market necessary to gain sales leverage for products and / or services. Due attention must be paid to the impact that such alliances may have in other regions of the country or parts of the business.
- To develop and deliver CPD presentations to Building Services consultants in order to increase brand awareness of Xylem products.
- To establish and develop contacts at all levels within the Building Services customers to meet, or arrange meetings for others, with these contacts such that our business direction and growth opportunities are identified and exploited.
- Any other duties, within your capabilities, as required by Management
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
- Market knowledge
- External: Collaborate with other sales departments in the Regions for optimum gain with minimal duplication or unnecessary conflict.
- Internal: Coordinate efforts alongside our internal support functions such as Internal Sales and Service.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of a successful Sales role over a 3-5 year sustained period in a Fluid Handling or associated market.
- Must have a good understanding of Windows based computer programs, in particular Excel.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Presentation skills - preparing and delivering to all levels to internal and external audiences, especially needed for CPD requirements.
- Full Driving License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No physical demands are required to carry out the role, sufficient vision is however necessary to drive a car and operate a computer (with glasses if necessary).
- Role will involve staying away from home as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- As this role is over 80% field based, the employee will be expected to travel (car and public transport) and work remotely. (The Company will supply necessary equipment (e.g. laptop and mobile phone)).