Senior Manager, Enterprise Applications - SAP
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Sr. Manager, Enterprise Applications – SAP is responsible for leading the SAP Team and SAP Global Implementations. This team and the programs will follow a global design and implement SAP solutions to simplify, enhance, and support our enterprise business processes. The role is responsible for delivering and maintaining SAP Technology Services for Xylem. This role directly manages a team of SAP Business Analysts and Developers while working closely with the other IT Service Leaders to collaboratively define, deliver, and support SAP ERP solutions for enterprise business services.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead a transformational legacy ERP migration to SAP ECC 6.0 with a future S4 migration path as we transform our ERP portfolio with a multi-year program
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a global standard architecture
- Manage work streams on business facing engagements, often comprising highly distributed teams and utilizing a mixture of different SAP and related technologies
- Monitor and manage team goals and performance to ensure team understands how they align and relate to broader business goals and strategies
- Help cross-functional teams connect the dots and collaborate effectively by understanding and sharing solution and delivery integration plans across functional workstreams and technical disciplines
- Establish partnerships with functional leaders, key business process stakeholders, peers and IT Business Relationship Managers (BRM) to understand, catalog and maintain Xylem’s collective needs for ERP Technology Services
- Apply own expertise, that of the global team and of external experts as appropriate in deriving world-class solutions for ERP Technology Service needs
- Taking into account comparative business values, costs and budgets, work with ERP Technology Leader and other functional leaders to prioritize the work needed to deliver ERP solutions
- Responsible for the successful execution of various projects, service requests, strategies, roadmaps, and service restoration efforts associated with delivering ERP Technology Services
- Work closely with the Director ERP Technology and other IT functional managers to maintain strategic plans and global budgets to support Xylem’s ERP Service needs in balance with other IT and functional investments
- Drive standard business process utilization in ERP Technology implementations and enhancements while maintaining alignment with Xylem IT ERP Strategies and Roadmaps
- Collaborate and contribute to the Global ERP Technology strategy when appropriate and work with other IT ERP leaders to continue consolidation, standardization, and simplification of the Xylem ERP Portfolio
- Provide operational support for all production ERP Technology services owned
- Directly manage between 5 – 10 ERP Analysts or Developers plus consultants with the opportunity for growth
- Manage consultants and contractors, both on-site and offshore, as needed to support various projects
- Maintain alignment with budgets or budget line-items associated with the ERP Technology Services Organization (Sr. Director ERP Technology)
- Maintain the technical and professional proficiencies of the SAP ERP Technology Services team
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Very strong communication skills and ability to communicate across the organization, up the organization, and to technical teams
- General ERP Knowledge with (SAP ECC 6.0 and/or SAP S4 HANA)
- Extensive experience delivering solutions using core SAP technology including but not limited to:
- Full range of WRICEF related activities and artefacts with SAP deployment, development & customization, including SAP best practices
- Strong knowledge of SAP Modules, other SAP supporting technologies like Solution Manager, Netweaver Gateway, etc.
- 12+ years of experience with SAP ERP Technology
- 12+ years of experience with SAP ERP integration, data migration, business process design, or SAP implementations, migrations, or expanding SAP functionality across multiple business process areas (Sales, Service, Manufacturing, Service/Repair, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 10+ years of experience; or a Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 8+ years of experience; or relevant and equivalent business or IT experience of minimum of 12-14 years.
- The proven ability to present information in various forms so as to clearly communicate the meaning of that information to a broad audience in an actionable and unambiguous way
- Able to understand and digest complex material from one domain or discipline and present it to people of a different discipline without loss in translation
- Experience in effectively leading, influencing and building relationships with teams spanning multiple functions and organization branches
- Experience in effectively managing people remotely
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel requirement: 15%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or from Colorado, the salary range is $150,00 to $170,000 plus bonus. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.