Continuous Improvement Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem’s Sensus business and its efforts to provide products and systems for the efficient movement and use of water in homes, commercial buildings, light industry, agriculture and irrigation. Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges. Learn more at www.xylem.com, and click on Our Brands with a focus on Sensus.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager to lead project teams to improve critical business processes and drive financial results. The incumbent would be responsible for leading a small team of CI specialists, identifying project scopes, developing project plans and business cases, and recruiting/ training/leading project team members, tracking/ measuring project results, etc.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and business operating plan.
- Documents and works with Controller to validate achieved LSS Savings.
- Assist in designing new procedures and methods for operational processes.
- By utilizing projects charters with deliverables, will work with leaders to identify, modify, and sustain desired changes including reducing waste and improving inefficiencies.
- Mentor others to realize benefits from all continuous improvement initiatives and act as a change agent to the site/organization.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement via idea generation and prioritize improvement opportunities with the management team.
- Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to strategic execution. Provide strategic insight and evaluation of the organizations progression.
- Act as a mentor for the Continuous Improvement leadership, supervisory staff and front line personnel.
- Participate in developing and influencing strategy, planning, and execution depending on project or initiative needs.
- Lead goal setting, assignment of projects, review of progress, approval, and feedback for direct report(s).
- KPI goal setting with the site via semi-annual Business Assessment, reporting and leading site reporting for KPI’s. Monthly updates on LSS resource, engagement, activities, etc.
- Own the Lean Maturity assessments and improvement initiatives for the site. Partner with Site Leaders on strategy and deployment objectives.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Develop, implement and monitor Lean training initiatives.
- Aid in the development of the LSS strategy in the business
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- 5 to 8 year of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness resulting in demonstrable tangible financial benefit
- Lean Master or Six Sigma Black Belt certification required; Master Black Belt preferred
- Must have thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity and throughput improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience guiding team progress for continuous improvement projects/programs.
- Experience designing, implementing and leading continuous improvement projects/programs.
- Hands-on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma, TQM).
- Proven leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to coach / mentor / inspire team of CI Specialists
- Advanced problem solving capabilities, attention to detail and numerical aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management development and execution
- Comfortable with ambiguity
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: Rotating equipment which may also include water and electrical components in use. Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.