IT Vendor Relationship Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The IT Vendor Relationship Manager acts as the key contact for IT team members and vendor accounts; has the ability to learn and understand IT roadmaps in order to assess near term and long term vendor engagement plans and priorities based upon the business needs; exercises oversite on vendor financial investments and total cost of ownership across IT categories and complete vendor portfolios in order to ensure Xylem is paying the least amount possible. Additionally, this position performs on-going Vendor Relationship Management activities which would include but are not limited to: contract management, governance and stewardship activities, risk management, vendor performance monitoring, data analytics/trends, problem resolution, invoicing/payment resolution, external audit requests, coordinate with legal to mediate disputes, and coordinates all vendor escalations within IT regarding issue resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a focal point for IT related efforts originating in Xylem’s Emerging Markets locations. As a focal point, this role will at times hand off the requests and requirements to another VRM based upon domain assignments; however, this role will remain engaged in order to provide the highest level of customer service given various time zone constraints.
- Utilize risk management practices to mitigate contractual risk present in many vendor agreements. Including but not limited contracts covering software applications, infrastructure and hardware solutions and third-party support offerings. (Data Center/Managed Print/IaaS etc.…)
- Primary partner to work alongside various IT teams and Procurement colleagues in order to assist with developing statements of work (SOWs), requests for information (RFIs), requests for quotations (RFQs) and requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Ensure that vendors are either meeting or exceeding their contractual obligations by delivering quality solutions/services on time. Report on Performance Metrics, Scorecards, Annual Reviews and/or Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
- Understand relevant market trends and vendors as they apply to Xylem’s Infrastructure and Hardware roadmaps and existing supply base. Track, gather and analyze market and industry data.
- Communicate fundamental changes in Xylems’ IT roadmap that may impact existing vendors, solution timelines and overall vendor performance.
- Assist with the adherence to VRM Director identified objectives, procedures, templates and workflow processes for vendor contracts and deliverable schedules. Utilize the enterprise contract management database that contains all executed contracts, as well as contracts that are under development but are not yet active. Track obligations, deliverables and contract change notes. Manage and control access to documents as appropriate.
- Collaborate with ITSM lead on all IT asset management requirements. Participate in assigned efforts concerning software license procurement, management, and termination or vendor audits within assigned IT Categories.
- Adhere to the Contract Playbooks as defined by the Xylem Legal department to develop, refine and incorporate the appropriate operational legal protections in contracts, as warranted.
- Oversee daily operational requirements at a vendor level which could include but is not limited to invoice payments, goods receipt and timely contract renewals.
- Ability to learn Xylem tools, eventually becoming proficient enough to train others (Catalyst, GEP SMART, Oracle GBS, SharePoint)
- Coordinate commercial and financial arrangements with vendors to include billing, invoicing, performance incentives, and internal chargebacks, where appropriate and in conjunction with the policy and procedures established by enterprise finance
- Work with vendors and key stakeholders to establish clear contract change control processes.
- Develop strong relationships and a high level of trust with IT management, business owners and IT procurement. Support enterprise objectives, influence key stakeholders, and jointly develop strategic sourcing strategies.
- Ensure that proper governance is applied and adhered to by IT team members and cross functional team efforts; particularly during the development of either a process change or solution change that requires a purchase or upgrade of externally provided services from vendors.
- Act as the interface between vendors and internal Xylem stakeholders. Clearly establishing and limiting points of contact for vendors and reinforce delegation of authority parameters for decision making.
- Conduct periodic vendor reviews/evaluations/audits that consider various performance levels as well as the provider relationship.
- Manage as the internal escalation point focal, any internal contract-related complaints or disagreements from the IT Leadership or other internal stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate a clear and concise overview of vendors (summary of key contract terms, risks, opportunities and service delivery guidelines) to key stakeholders, and provide clarity on contract elements when required. (Example – Quarterly Business Reviews)
- Act as primary liaison with IT Procurement to ensure pricing is competitive for IT vendors
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Vendor Management, or related IT field
- 5+ years’ experience in IT Vendor Management, Vendor Relationship Management, IT Operations and/or IT Strategic Sourcing.
- 2+ years’ experience managing various competitive bid activities around the selection and delivery of Enterprise level IT solutions in a complex environment.
- Must be fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese, read/write/speak, and be able to translate Mandarin to English.
- Knowledge and understanding of organizational change management desired, but not required
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, demonstrating strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Comfortable with participating and possibly leading complex negotiations
- Commercial acumen to understand the deal, financial and budgeting skills
- Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and culture
- Comfortable with ambiguity and solving multiple complex problems
- Ability to work with offshore and international teams, understanding cultural differences and promoting ‘one-team’ culture
- Effective strategy development and execution experience.
- Understanding of benchmarking and performance management processes and techniques.
- Possess customer service mindset.
- Ability to deal with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide technology services and goods.
- Ability to consistently meet assigned objectives, support team metrics, monitor progress and convey results against these measures.
- Prioritization; quickly creates focus on the most important issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, issue resolution, negotiation, and customer relationship management.
- Experience in developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under time constraints.
- Proven ability to influence change with a focus on service delivery and financial results.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present business and technical issues, ideas, and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats.
- Experience managing large and complex IT contracts in an organization with a wide array of stakeholders across multiple competencies. Including the implications tied to both on premise and cloud offerings.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of and practical experience with process disciplines including incident management, problem management, and service level management
- Experience with vendor management life cycle activities
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the office
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Work is generally conducted via a remote environment.
- Will require travel to project sites.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.