Assembler - Day Shift
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire full time Assemblers for their DuBois, PA location. As a member of the Manufacturing team, successful candidates will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that operational initiatives are met. These roles will work day shift (6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) on a 3-2-2 schedule.
- 3-2-2 Schedule (12 hour shifts)
- Day Shift: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Starting Wage: $15.00/hour
- Paid-Time-Off: vacation and 12 holidays per year
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision
- Retirement with core contribution, company match, and immediate 100% vesting
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assemble and test meters and regulators
- Perform as a member of the team to support On-Time-Delivery of jobs through shop
- Perform a wide variety of electronic or mechanical assembly operations
- Follow the work instructions and sequence of operations
- Work safely
- Keep work and surrounding areas clean and orderly
- Maintain and operate tools, equipment and machinery in accordance with EH&S and shop policies
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Participate as needed in 5S projects and safety meetings
- Assist in performing inventory counts as directed
- Perform all other tasks, as directed
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Highly Preferred high school education or GED
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting (5-35 lbs.) manufacturing environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing environment
- 40 plus hours per week, mandatory overtime as required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.