1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Morton Grove Project Manager - Strategic Sourcing is responsible to manage procurement savings project execution to ensure realization of the savings project plan. The most important function of the job is to oversee and ensure parts are properly qualified from alternate sources, or part changes are properly implemented with current suppliers, per an agreed to project plan.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ownership and managing the execution of projects, ensuring quality and on time delivery performance to meet the project schedule. Working with the Category Manager, site teams, sourcing engineer/ sqe's, engineering, and sde's in country regions, work to a schedule that is agreed upon by stakeholders along with the methodology to be used for delivering project goals, reporting progress, and proper escalation action and communication to management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Project, Excel and other project management programs. Will possess outstanding organizational and leadership skills; coupled with the ability to see the big picture as well as the details. Must be strong at holding team members accountable for actions and tasks and work with them to understand root causes for delays or issues.
- Drive cross functional project teams as well as supplier actions to ensure that project is tracking to expectations; create a detailed plan which identifies the activities and owners needed to successfully complete the project.
- Monitor project deliverables constantly and effectively communicate with stakeholders (Engineering, QA, Marketing, Purchasing, GM, XGP team) to ensure all departments are aligned and agree to project deliverables. Ability to identify and mitigate risks / barriers; apply critical thinking to overcome obstacles and utilize escalation process if necessary to keep project on track.
- Act as point of contact between Xylem suppliers and sites, other XGP regional organizations; assuring complete understanding of project timelines and drive commitments from both entities.
- Submit progress reports to stakeholders and senior leaders. Facilitate regular progress meetings with supplier and site; publish action log with owners and due dates to keep project on track. Accountable for project on time tracking from suppliers and sites and passionate about working with team members to stay on schedule, root cause and countermeasure obstacles for on time execution, including management elevation triggers when necessary cooperatively with action owners.
- Facilitate meeting with stakeholders to conduct a technical review to fully understand the site needs for the product. This review includes but is not limited to assuring outsource ready drawings, critical to function and critical to quality features clearly identified, inspection requirements, any subsequent testing or agency certification requirements. Include sourcing engineers/sqe's on the review sessions and inputs.
- Identify site data needs and timeline of submittals from suppliers; i.e. control plans, inspection plans, inspection reports, material test reports.
- Plan trips to suppliers with sourcing engineers and LCR SDE's and other managers to ensure project kick off, monitoring, high level overviews, countermeasures are in place to ensure teams are tracking to original plans that the project manager develops at project kick off with the site and suppliers.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Equivalent Education Level Required: BS or BA degree in Business or Supply Chain with desired certifications (MPM, C.P.M., CPIM)
- Experience Required: Minimum of two year to five years of successful project management and/or progressive purchasing and supervisory experience plus equivalent experience.
- Knowledge Required: Project Management & In-depth knowledge of Procurement and Materials Management concepts along with excellent negotiation, communication, and systems skills. Demonstrated knowledge of project management techniques and tools; direct work experience in project management capacity.
- Good facilitation and analytical skills; excellent interpersonal skills, team building and conflict resolution experience
- Proficient in project management software and Microsoft Office products
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
EOE including disability and veteran