Audit and Internal Controls Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Audit and Internal Controls Analyst will support the Americas Commercial Team (ACT) and Monitoring and Control Solutions (M&CS) business units in performing and maintaining a strong internal control environment to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and safeguarding of company assets. This position will have an integral part in helping to develop and expand Management’s Internal Controls Group (ICG), adding value to the overall strength of the Company’s control environment with oversight responsibilities and high interaction and collaboration with key personnel across the organization.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing and assisting with management’s monitoring activities (Monitoring Controls Framework)
- Assisting and leading special projects to enhance the control environment
- Executing Sarbanes Oxley internal controls as needed
- Provide other support as necessary for the Business Units, internal audit and external audit support.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support Senior Manager, Internal Controls, and functional leaders to ensure that internal controls are adequately designed and monitored.
- Maintain/Update internal control documentation and related processes to ensure compliance with control framework.
- Responsible for performing various financial control activities for the ACT/MCS/Global Business Services (GBS) units to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Perform user access and activities to ensure that appropriate Segregation of Duties are maintained.
- Organize/Perform user access reviews (UARs) for ACT ERP systems and other systems as necessary.
- Coordinate with internal & external audit, ensuring timely response to needs, no major/ repeat gaps, and timely closure of any identified improvement opportunities
- Assist in the development and documentation of new accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in preparation of training presentations and tools
- Assist in the creation and submission of appropriate internal control metrics
- Support Senior Manager and Internal Control Managers with Finance, HR, IT and other functions within the region with SOX issues and remediation plans.
- Support colleagues in the company, in particular across regional and departmental boundaries to ensure that the Company’s goals are achieved.
- Comply fully with Xylem’s ethics and standard policies.
- Responsible for the achievement of annual Company and individual goals
- Must work within established Company policies and procedures.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting
- 2+ years' of relevant experience
- Previous Public Accounting Firm (Auditing and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance) experience is preferred
- Previous experience in developing and writing accounting policies and procedures
- Previous experience in documenting SOX controls (Control Matrix, Narratives & IPE)
- CPA or CIA is preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Must be able to travel domestically (potential limited international travel)
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized, articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps, and implement solutions successfully
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Mix of public accounting and publicly traded company experience
- Experience with OneStream, Oracle, Workday and TeamGuru
- Audit and/or Internal Controls certifications and/or training
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 5%)
- 40 + overtime as needed.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.