Sr. Manager, Tax Accounting
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Sr. Manager, Tax Accounting.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead the quarterly and annual tax closing and reporting processes including the annual effective tax rate and provision calculations and effective tax rate analysis.
- Provide tax accounting leadership and expertise.
- Review and analyze valuation allowances.
- Analyze tax exposures, including the determination of appropriate tax reserves pursuant to ASC740 (SFAS 109) and FIN48. Ensure all required documentation to support and disclose tax reserves is prepared and maintained.
- Maintain and improve SOX 404 internal control procedures for tax accounting and ensure all processes are properly documented and tested.
- Determine impact of significant transactions and events, purchases, dispositions and changes in business operations.
- Research and implement new accounting pronouncements with tax accounting implications. Work with the Sr. Director, Global Tax Accounting and Compliance on emerging tax accounting issues.
- Prepare and/or review tax footnotes and other income tax disclosures for SEC filings.
- Prepare/review tax basis balance sheets.
- Review non-U.S. tax provision calculations.
- Evaluate tax accounting processes for continuous improvement.
- Assist with coordination with external auditors on the provision process.
- Assist with overflow activity from the Domestic and International groups (i.e. return review).
- Supervise and develop staff.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree required, CPA or Advanced degree in Tax preferred. Minimum of eight to ten years of tax experience in accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) and federal income
- Excellent working knowledge of Accounting for Income Tax rules and current FASB interpretations, as well as solid general knowledge of GAAP rules.
- Ability to convey complex accounting and SOX rules to a global audience that is not necessarily proficient in U.S. GAAP or Tax concepts or for whom English may not be the first language.
- Proficient in Sarbanes Oxley 404 rules and their application to all tax functions.
- The ability to manage competing priorities and the pressures associated with SEC financial statement filings and quarterly earnings releases.
- Must be an aggressive self-starter with proven thought leadership skills and the ability to translate ideas into value added solutions.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent process management, organizational and time management skills. Must be able to develop “Best Practice” processes, implement and maintain those processes to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong work-paper and documentation skills.
- Technological proficiency with Excel, Word, tax accounting software (OneSource Tax Provision preferred), etc.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.