Sr. Business Systems Analyst – HR Systems
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This role, under the direction of the Enterprise Applications Manager, partners with internal and external business and technology stakeholders to define, design, implement and maintain business enterprise software applications for HR. Enterprise applications are typically designed to interface or integrate with other enterprise applications used within the organization, and to be deployed across geographies while meeting strict requirements for security and administration management.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- This position will act as a liaison between the business/end users and IT systems development teams for HR business needs requiring IT-based solutions including:
- Comply with all regulatory, Legal and Human Resources mandates. Build, manage and nurture a solid relationship with internal customers and align resources and priorities to ensure continuous satisfaction. Identify HR business requirements and help with re-engineering of current processes as needed. Translate business requirements into specific technical specifications. Responsible for the functional business process and requirements gathering and documentation. Support the technical design, documentation, implementation and continuous improvement of HR operational policies, processes and systems across the company. Support corporate function HR business teams in defining project scope, expectations, and requirements. Identify, investigate, evaluate and manage conflict and risk at project and business levels. Responsible for the project management and overall success of assigned projects, which can be numerous and moderately complex, from start to finish including the design, development, testing, and implementation phases. Responsible for leading the business analysis and delivery of application-to-application data integration implementations.
- Develop and track project performance, schedule and deliverables for multiple concurrent corporate projects. Partner with the IT Software Development group on HR system development, data integration and configuration projects. Ensure appropriate testing activities including functional, integration, performance and user acceptance to ensure quality products and services. Create and administer implementation plans for standardized policy, process and system changes, including communication, training, monitoring and measurement plans. Organize and execute “pilot tests” of new solutions. Provide application support activities in conjunction with HR shared services, as applicable. Ensure response to escalated issues/incidents and utilize all available resources to resolve them in accordance with the published Service Level Agreement (SLA). Partner with internal Customers, IT team members and/or software vendors to deliver solid, timely, and if necessary, creative solutions to the problem. Proactively monitor the Service Now system and service ticket aging reports. Provide support to employees’ questions and issues regarding standardized policies, processes and systems in HR.
- Collaborate with HR global business service organization to develop effective training materials and delivery methods to ensure that all affected employees and customers possess the knowledge and skills necessary to use and comply with HR policies, processes and systems. Actively participate in conducting training courses on policy, process and systems for HR, where applicable.
- Participate in monitoring activities for all assigned policies, processes and systems to ensure conformance to standards. Support Corporate Audit’s efforts in conducting and continuously improving the risk management activities across HR.
- Maintain solid relationships with software vendor partner(s) to communicate new requirements. Actively participate in user groups to influence innovation and service improvements. Maximize productivity and service levels with existing software, and participate in negotiating favorable new contracts, as needs arise.
- Contribute to the definition of IT standard processes and procedures. Assure all established IT standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines are adhered to on projects. This includes but is not limited to: 1. System Life Cycle Methodology; 2. Service Level Agreements; 3. compliance mandates (i.e., local, regional, and corporate policies and procedures; hardware/software established standards; etc.); 4. governance framework, including the release management strategy and procedures; and 5. IT status reporting
- Support enterprise-wide system implementations through business analysis, project management, and participation on cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with the EA Manager on the effort to define and maintain a cost / benefit statement for each new and existing solution for HR standardized processes by identifying appropriate measurements of policy, process and system value (Critical Success Factors, or CSFs; Key Performance Indicators, or KPIs).
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with the HR organization and align IT to adhere to the agreements so as to provide an optimal level of quality support services to all customers.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 4-5 years of experience; or a Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 3-4 years of experience; or relevant and equivalent business or IT experience of minimum of 4-6 years.
- Knowledge and understanding of business relationship management, system analysis, governance, project management and software development lifecycle.
- Experience leading the business analysis and delivery of application-to-application data integration implementations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate technology concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Ability to work with cross-functional, interdisciplinary and virtual teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- English language fluency
- 3+ years of experience with HR processes and HR information systems;.Workday Human Capital Management Cloud applications, nice to have.
- Exposure to Service Now incident and problem management is preferred.
- Experience with enterprise-wide system implementations preferred.
- High degree of experience with Microsoft Project or any other project management tool.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- May require travel to project sites.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.