Class B Driver 1
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Class B Driver. The CDL Driver is responsible for the delivery and set up of Xylem equipment in a safe, efficient and profession manner at the customer job site and for the pickup of equipment from the customer job site at the end of the contract rental period. The CDL Driver is also responsible for recording those transactions accurately on Rental Contracts and Sales paperwork. When not engaged in driving responsibilities, the CDL Driver will assist in the yard or perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist yard and field personnel in loading and unloading trucks with Xylem pumping equipment.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) Federal Department of Transportation, and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Review all items to be delivered (or picked up) with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy. Obtain customer’s signature on Xylem Rental Contract paperwork.
- Maintain presence of all required driver (licenses, medical cards, etc.) documents at all times.
- Maintain log books with entries for driving, on-duty, etc. in accordance with DOT guidelines.
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs as required.
- Perform daily visual inspections of Xylem delivery equipment and documenting any items in need of service.
- Comply with all Xylem and customer safety requirements.
- Maintain communication with Dispatch at all times as to location, estimated arrival/departure times, and any potential issues.
- Assist in the set-up of Xylem pumping equipment as necessary.
- Assist customer with start-up instructions as needed or requested.
- Available for rotating on-call schedule for off-hours emergency driving assignments.
- Assist as needed in preparing rental equipment for dispatch and ensuring yard is organized and maintained.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- One to two years’ experience in the construction industry preferred
- Minimum one year experience operating Class B commercial vehicles (and willingness to upgrade to Class A if applicable)
- Class A Commercial License preferred
- Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions
- Aptitude for basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Ability to read a map
- Ability to complete basic mechanical tasks
- Ability to operate a commercial vehicle in accordance with Commercial Class license for extended periods of time, in all weather conditions, on back roads, 2-lane highways, major highways, interstates (including tunnels and bridges), through towns, municipalities, cities, and customer job sites
- Valid state issued Commercial Driver License
- Acceptable driving record
- Current Department of Transportation medical card
- Heavy lifting (up to 70 pounds)
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing
- Continual exposure to all outdoor weather conditions
- Exposure to noise and fumes generated from motorized equipment
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel 10% or less
EOE including disability and veteran