Product Marketing Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a high energy, creative, passionate, collaborative Technical Product Marketing Specialist for their fast-paced Advanced Infrastructure Analytics group.
The ideal candidate has a blend of marketing and technical expertise with experience creating compelling stories and developing effective sales enablement materials and integrated marketing campaigns that can continuously deliver growth for the company. Helpful to have industry knowledge or experience (water, wastewater utilities). Proven ability to distill complex products and solutions down to clear, crisp and concise messaging. Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and business partners/suppliers. Like every other position at Xylem, we look for people who embody our company values: respect, responsibility, integrity and creativity.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Communicate the vision and value of our decision intelligence solutions and offerings to sales teams and clients
- Develop sales tools (including PPT sales decks, demos, sell sheets) that tell a compelling and simple story to clients and customers and facilitate the selling process
- Create external content and thought leadership targeting specific audiences: case studies, webinars, social media and PR copy, website, email, blog posts
- Obtain customer insights, opportunities and buyer personas to support impactful customer campaigns
- Undertake competitor research as it relates to campaigns and solutions
- Monitor, analyze, and report on campaign performance to maximize leads, ROI and sales
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Technology
- Minimum of 7 years of related product marketing experience
- Industry experience preferred (water, wastewater, utility)
- Significant experience in producing technical content and/or developing and delivering customer-centric technical solutions
- Great problem-solving skills to dissect and work through complex issues. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills at all levels
- PPT skills and ability to communicate a message through visuals
- Working knowledge of marketing technologies, marketing automation software (Marketo) and project management software platforms (Asana) a plus
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.