Sr. Cost Accountant
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Senior Cost Accountant will be responsible for all cost accounting and supply chain activities.This role will serve as the business partner to the Regional Operation Teams across all sites. Incumbent will manage the standard costing process including setting material, labor and overhead standards as well as investigate and report out on all variances to standards. This role will also be responsible for all inventory reporting and compliance activities.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manages the process to create material, labor and overhead standard costs in Oracle annually.
- Reports out to the Director of Finance and Operation Teams significant monthly variances to standard costs and correct errors as necessary.
- Work with supply chain and manufacturing engineering to create and audit bills of material and routings.
- Drive and influence continuous improvement opportunities and projects across operations and finance functions.
- Analyze and provide all required calculations & reporting on inventory, cycle count performance and excess & obsolete material quarterly reserves.
- Partner with Operations and Continuous Improvement functions to calculate monthly CI project cost savings.
- Support FP&A and Commercial Finance in the reporting of product line performance including standard and gross margin analysis.
- Create standardized purchase price variance and material usage reporting while working cross functionally to understand key drivers into variance performance.
- Manage and analyze all freight related costs and reserves including the utilization of CASS reporting.
- Assists in compliance through supporting requests for internal and external audits at all North American sites.
- Actively communicates with co-workers and management across the region in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensures that company financial policies, programs and all applicable
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA / BS degree in Accounting required.
- Master’s degree and/or CPA/CMA preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years cost accounting experience, ideally in a publicly traded international manufacturing corporation.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting principles, as well as experience with P&L for multiple facilities, product lines and business operations
- Knowledge of cost accounting structures with ERP systems, Oracle preferred.
- Ability to partner with operations and influence key stakeholders to drive standard practices and change throughout the function.
- Have the ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment with a global perspective of business environment and technology.
- Drive Continuous Improvement by using Lean/Six Sigma tools and involving employees in problem solving and decision making as well as recognizing them for exceptional work.
- Ability to work well with others and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Responds well to changes in priorities without compromising quality of work.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to process improvement and problem solving..
- Strong customer service orientation, both internally and externally.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Remote work flexibility, work from home
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.