Factory General Laborer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: This position performs a variety of manufacturing duties necessary for general production or the assembly of water meters and various metering systems. Job duties may involve assembly, cleaning, sweeping, repairing or the assisting others. Position typically requires the use and operation of a variety of simple machines, tools and parts; and the ability to exercise judgment and care to insure quality of work.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Sweeping cleaning, lifting, moving, carrying; obtaining parts and/or assemblies or sub-assemblies, skids, containers, trays, etc.
- Fitting and assembling manually or with hand tools and fixtures.
- Visually check, clean, stamp, and otherwise perform such operations as required to complete assembly as instructed.
- Report unusual production or quality circumstances to supervisor.
- Maintain written or electronic production and job records.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred with the ability to read, write, perform simple arithmetic, use simple gauges and follow instructions; one-year prior Industrial/Manufacturing experience gained from the machining, assembly, packaging, material handling, warehousing, electronics, or plastics injection molding industries is preferred.
- Related manufacturing or vocational-technical training in machine set-up or operation is highly preferred but not required.
- Basic computer familiarity is preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform movements associated with part assembly, cleaning, sweeping.
- Ability to perform simple lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Manufacturing plant environment requiring the use of safety glasses, safety equipment, and in some areas, hearing protections.
- Ability and desire to work all shifts. Candidates must be available to work all shifts (Day, Afternoon/Evening, and Night) on a non-rotating basis, and work both shift and weekend overtime as necessary.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.