Business Development Manager - Thames Water Area
The role is to develop the Xylem process instrumentation brands within the Thames Water area, identify key opportunities and grow the sales pipeline through leveraging existing frameworks and winning further frameworks as they are released. The role will involve the sale of instrumentation both to contractors and directly to end users and identification of optimal routes into new markets within the area.
Alongside sales activities, the role will involve provision of technical support, demonstrations, installations and training both to customers and internally.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background in science, with a relevant education / degree, and proven sales experience selling into the target markets. Plus bring with them knowledge of the market and be comfortable to prospect outside of current customer databases.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
· Pursue sales leads; visit existing and new customers; assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services; respond to customer enquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times within limits of authority; and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets.
· Identify, research, and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
· Refer sales leads, customer feedback, and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer demands.
· Establish annual, quarterly, monthly, or weekly sales plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so these targets are met.
· Support Field Sales Engineers across Xylem with technical info, equipment selections and training
. Support service team with installations and commissioning as required
. Run demonstrations, workshops and training sessions for key customer personnel
· Attend exhibitions and conferences to represent Xylem Analytics
· Aid Process Director in sales strategies, goals and implementation
· Maintain accurate expense reports
· Maintain company lease car (according to company policy)
· Plus any other duties deemed necessary
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Cross-boundary collaboration
· Managing change
· Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
· Market knowledge
· Inspiring accountability
· Sales execution
· Sales strategy & planning
· Scientific or environmental engineering qualifications
· Technical background within instrumentation and/or water treatment.
· Experience of instrumentation sales, water treatment processes
· Full Driving Licence
· Bachelor’s degree related to Science or Engineering. (Or equivalent)