Defining the product strategy
- Develops the global product roadmap including business case covering product positioning, value proposition per product line, volume and price to serve as input into product development, and marketing
- Manages the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the global product line including; new product development, value improvements, product introductions, phase outs and product training.
- Collaborate effectively with Vertical Marketing team to develop regional- and local launch plans that will empower and enable sales (product launches, application areas, product brand thought leadership). This role is also instrumental in providing content development
- Assigns and take ownership of the XPD process by actively driving and participating in the tollgate process: by developing the business case, product requirements etc. with the understanding of customer and market needs
- Understands and specifies market requirements, competition, market and technology trends for current and future products. Conducting product related market research, Voice of Customer, customer visits and close collaboration with local-regional product managers and vertical marketing.
- Develop appealing, and when possible a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs.
- Framing the vertical offer, in a collaborative way with key stakeholders, by packaging the product, solutions and services e.g. developing offer per application and framing applicable value propositions.
- Monitors competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance
Sales and Profitability
- Understanding and providing data for the S&OP forecast, ownership of global product sales and margin plan. If targets are not meet execute on the countermeasures
- Follow up sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, identify gaps and raise the need for countermeasures to close the gap
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets. Being responsible for updating and distributing International Price List (IPL).
- Manage the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in the market verticals by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price) by developing relevant business cases for decisions making
- Manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out and being responsible for keeping its assortment competitive and give ideas for technology development and Value Engineering initiatives
- Having a broad understating of the competitors in the industry e.g. offering, pricing, and markets. Drive and execute product launches according to the product marketing launch process in close collaboration with the Vertical Marketing, Commercial Teams and Communications. Being responsible for resource allocation, keeping the time line and all preparation to do a proper launch in time e.g. strategic pricing, product availability, training material and plan, information in product selection and configuration programs, communications material etc.
Guardianship & Support
- Product, technology and application content development
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
- Accountability for the technical performance of the products as defined in the product specifications
- Ensure the product offering mirrors the product brand values
- Thought leadership activities (e.g. white papers) by developing content and/or presenting
- Develop appealing, and when possible a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs
- Collaborates with Communications, Vertical Marketing, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a rigorously understanding of the VOC