Customer Experience Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Customer Experience Specialist (CES) will assist customers in a personalized and friendly manner to ensure every experience is an exceptional one. The CES is available to assist customers with their Xylem product selection and availability, order entry, product delivery and return and invoicing.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage inbound phone calls, online inquires and customer walk-ins.
- Process customer requests such as rental quote generation and order placement over the phone, in person or via e-mail.
- Answer routine product questions and direct questions to appropriate service or sales personnel when necessary.
- Enter orders and arrange delivery to all sites and locations per the individual agreement including an understanding of the agreement of freight terms.
- When needed, assist with loading product for customer delivery. Ensure delivery personnel have accurate site address details for delivery as well as appropriate paperwork for customer acceptance.
- Complete off-rental process in RentalResults. Schedule product pick-up and prepare paperwork for customer sign off.
- Support Service Shop Technicians in completing work orders and pulling necessary parts for product repair.
- Ensure purchase orders are properly entered into procurement system to include price and quantity. Complete process for receiving materials, goods and services timely and accurately.
- Schedule and coordinate preventative and corrective maintenance for sales and delivery vehicles.
- Act as site champion for safety. Manage injury reporting through GenSuite. Participate in routine safety calls and/or meetings.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school graduate; 2 or 4 year college graduate preferred
- Prior experience in a rental environment preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers and employees
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid math skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative
- Resourceful and well organized; efficient and detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to frequent change in a high pressure environment
- Strong sense of responsibility and desire to complete tasks properly
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Forklift certification preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) and carrying.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Intermittent exposure to all outdoors weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and jobsite noise (to maximums of 95 decibels).
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.