1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Part 1 Describe the Position
Xylem seeks to hire a Lab Technician
List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
Multi-Technician – JD’s
- MEP - Includes maintaining and managing Mechanical / Electrical / plumbing / Carpentry infrastructure of Xylem facility to ensure smooth functioning, maintaining, efficiency monitoring, cost saving initiatives.
- Facility Electrical setup - Ensure all Electrical assets are in working condition always, ensure to take immediate actions with support from FM for replacing any defective items going through procurement process
- Common areas – In case of any issues, coordinate with Karle infra team for immediate attention in case of common services
- HVAC/Critical Air-conditioning - Ensure all HVAC, Air-conditioning infra is functional at all times in common units, Server, UPS rooms. Coordinate with AMC vendor for necessary support or maintenance as per schedules and maintaining report
- Repair & Maintenance: Ensure all infra related to Carpentry/Plumbing are in good condition. Take necessary measure in case of repair and maintenance. Ensure Security/Housekeeping staff are training to maintain and report any issues.
- Utility Efficiency : Monitor Electricity consumption of Lighting and AC consumption and initiate steps for efficiency and power saving measures, train HK/Security personnel ways to maintain and avoid unnecessary consumption of power
- Consumption & MIS : Maintain daily/monthly consumptions of Electricity, HVAC, Repair . Verify monthly invoices and process for approvals and payment process through Finance
LAB-Technician – JD’s
Manage & Maintain Electrical/Electronic LAB at Bangalore.
- Ensure all assets in the lab are always in serviceable conditions, maintenance is carried out regularly, AMC are covered for all critical equipment, calibrations and measurements are carried out as per requirements
- Ensure common stock used by all Lab users are maintained adequately and refilled sufficiently after going through approvals and procurements process
- GC wise stock inventory is maintaining and reported to respective Managers as per their advice
- Maintenance of stock register for common consumables and GC wise consumables
- Coordinate with EHS officer for training and basic information in Lab access and issue access to new users
- Ensure Lab users follow Lab disciplines and DO's & DON’T's.
- Support in raising EPR's for Lab related procurements and coordinate with Vendors for delivery
- Involve in setting up tests for Engineers whenever necessary or support requested
- Maintain Quality standards/SOP's as laid down for LAB and ensure users follow
- Safety standards are reviewed and monitored for continuous improvement and monitor/report
- Involve with respective team to setup new devices and installations
- Involve in setting up Wet lab infrastructure and necessary support and SOP's
- LAB equipment sharing with users, scheduling and manage
- Minor assistance in regard to Soldering support
- Wiring works for team as required and requested
LAB-Technician – JD’s
- Any other related activities or jobs assigned by Manager as per requirement at time to time
Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical Engineering & Electronics ; or Diploma/ITI in Electrical & Electronics
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience in a Large MNC’s as Multi-Technician cum Lab In-charge role
Describe the most important competencies required of the individual.
- Excellent English written/verbal communication and fluent speaking of Kannada / Hindi languages