Engineer, Endpoint Services
The Endpoint Engineering Team is responsible for building, monitoring and deploying endpoint imaging and tooling for all workstations across Xylem. This individual will find creative approaches to engineering the configurations of workstation environments to allow Xylem colleagues to be productive, mobile, and secure, while providing an excellent user experience.
This team works closely with the Information Security, Network Engineering, and Technical Support & Operations teams. In addition, we are highly tuned to our customers and ensure we are providing a reliable and consistent experience.
The Engineer, Endpoint Services will be primarily focused on building stable, high-performing, and secure tooling and scripts to automate and improve the end-user experience. In this role, you will ensure that we are building tools that resolve common issues, and proactively address issues before they are found by end-users. This role is for a highly-motivated self-starter with experience working as part of a cross-functional, global team with proven analytical and troubleshooting skills. You have strong customer service skills and a customer-driven mind.
We are looking for an engineer who is detail-oriented, highly adaptive, and enjoys contributing to a dynamic team environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintain global standard images for desktops and laptops (17,000+) using SCCM, Altiris or similar tools, research alternatives and work with management team on enhancements, resolutions, disk and file encryption projects and initiatives
- Manage deployment and inventory of end-user devices; oversee software distribution for desktops for both global and regional locations; develop testing platforms and procedures in support of production releases
- Review and test new software requests for installation, document integration and plan deployment
- Manage deployment of software, associated deployment tools and definitive software library
- Provide the implementation and support of Citrix-based systems; develop and enhance remote access computing solutions consistent with standards
- Act as technical support for all issues escalated from Level 1 and Level 2, identifying, isolating and resolving escalated issues
- Develop and document standards related to package creation, patching and infrastructure
- Create queries and reports to support business functions and audit requests
- Responsible for oversight of policy updates; patch management; software and hardware standards
- Administration and distribution of Xylem´s standard software targeting all endpoints within Xylem (currently using Altiris).
- Sustaining Xylem´s endpoint-baseline to make sure all endpoints have the necessary configuration applied and software installed.
- Administer and deliver remote control solution used primary by the IT-community to provide support remotely.
- Collect hardware and software inventory from all endpoints and present relevant data both on a global and regional basis.
- Develop, implement and maintain the infrastructure, solutions and tools used for managing and protecting Xylem´s endpoint environment.
- Support Cybersecurity by deploying the Security Baseline.
- Work within established security guidelines provided by Cybersecurity.
- Administration and distribution of security updates to Xylem´s endpoints.
- Provide 3rd level support and assistance for broader endpoint issues and for the solutions and services we provide to the IT-community primarily.
- Participate in projects related to the endpoint environment.
- Work with Senior Leadership to develop and implement 1 – 3 strategy roadmap
- External: Build, maintain and cultivate strong relationships with all critical partners and vendors related to the endpoint service space including, but not limited to: Microsoft, Symantec, Dell, Citrix, HP, as well as delivery partners such as: Insight, TeKSystems, etc.
- Internal: Build, maintain and cultivate strong relationships with all aspects of IT, including, but not limited to: Cybersecurity, Network team, Hosting/server, AD/collaboration team, as well as Service Delivery, Service Desk, and the rest of the Enterprise IT Service Management organization
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve multiple complex problems
- Ability to work with offshore and international teams, understanding cultural differences and promoting ‘one-team’ culture
- Demonstrated ability to deal with vendors, and contractors who provide technology services
- Proven ability to manage and support large scale global deployments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong technical and issue resolution skills
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in managing large scale, global endpoint deployments
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with Altiris, Big Fix, SCOM and/or other software distribution tools
- 3-5 years’ experience with Active Directory and Group Policies
- 3-5 years’ experience with imaging tools (i.e. ghost imaging, etc.)
- Experience with workspace management solutions (i.e., Xenmobile, workspace one, etc.)
- Experience with managing a global workstation image
- Experience being a part of a global team with remote management
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel: Approximately 25%