Salesforce Support Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Salesforce Support Analyst. The Salesforce Support Analyst will help assess our CRM related business processes and lead the charge to align our Sales Operations, Data Warehouse Team, BPCS team, Marketing Technology, and Corporate CRM team on the importance of owning our customer data. Working closely with decision makers in Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Customer Success the Analyst will also assess, improve, and drive more effective use of the CRM tools and improve customer data accuracy. This person will collect, analyze, document, and communicate business requirements, and then implement the necessary changes in both processes and systems to make our Salesforce CRM work better for our sales and customer-facing teams.
This role is project-driven, and the incumbent should have hands-on experience with data management and change management processes, preferably in a large enterprise setting with a CRM application. The Analyst will be our Customer Data evangelist and a strong advocate for customer data maintenance, accountability, and alignment between cross-functional teams. Successful candidates will need to bring strong communication skills to the game.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Understand and document current-state customer data and CRM business processes
- Provide gap analysis and propose value-added process improvements based on best practices
- Socialize process changes within the customer-facing teams and secure cross-functional buy-in to act and influence organizational culture
- Develop project artifacts: business requirements, scope, user stories and experiences, process maps, flow diagrams, business rules, business data models, security needs, test plans, and project plans
- Drive accountability and ownership for customer data housed in the CRM
- Document the data interactions and associated business processes for all applicable use cases
- Develop and maintain a Salesforce data dictionary
- Coordinate and prioritize periodic Object Audits in the Salesforce instance with applicable CRM Operations Leaders
- Build Salesforce reports and dashboards that better inform the business on data in the CRM
- Help facilitate data collection, aggregation, maintenance, and reporting
- Manage project backlogs, issues, risks, dependencies, communications, and status
- Proactively identify technology opportunities that would support business strategies and align with organizational KPIs
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of relevant experience (e.g. as an expert power user in Salesforce)
- Previous experience in a cross-functional, project driven environment with a strong understanding of business processes, and the strategic thinking skills to make our CRM work even better for our customer-facing teams
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate concerns, changes, and explanations across a wide spectrum of stakeholders (should be comfortable picking up the phone and talking to employees, managers, or IT consultants)
- Ability to think analytically and strategically – and then execute while multitasking
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce CRM, either as a practitioner, customer-focused power user, or administrator
- A customer-first focus wedded to a continuous improvement mindset, process focused and personable!
- Salesforce Certification strongly preferred
- Utility industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of relational database systems
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.