Tax Accountant, Non-US Tax Accounting & Compliance
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of the global tax provision (ASC 740) including reviewing the tax provision packages of assigned countries, analyzing foreign payable accounts, cash taxes paid and balance sheet movements.
- Assist with the preparation of international and domestic portions of Xylem’s U.S. Consolidated Federal Income Tax returns and related State returns. Special emphasis on preparation and filing of international reporting Forms 5471, 8858 and 1118 (Foreign Tax Credit).
- Prepare Quarterly Reconciliation of tax accounts, journal entries, rollforwards, etc.
- Support SEC filings including 10K, 10Q and disclosure checklists.
- Assist with the preparation of responses to portions of the ongoing Federal audits of Xylem Inc. and Affiliates income tax returns.
- Participate in Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) for the reporting of foreign financial assets and compliance for U.S. taxpayers with foreign accounts.
- Prepare calculation of Foreign Source Income/Foreign Tax Credits (FSI/FTC) quarterly.
- OneStream Liason – attend monthly calls, report changes to the tax group, and make necessary changes to tax systems to stay up to date.
- Keep Organization Chart up to date by working with legal department on changes to the organizational structure due to acquisitions, mergers, sales or dissolution of entities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. MS/MBA or working towards a degree is preferred. CPA or working towards certification is desirable.
- Minimum of one to two years of tax experience in federal income taxation with emphasis on U.S. tax law as applied to corporations and with the application of U.S. tax law to foreign operations of U.S. multinationals preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to research and apply complex tax law to both proposed and completed transactions; knowledge of accounting theory and practice.
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of OneSource preferred
- Effective Communication. Successful candidate will be able to effectively convey their ideas and messages both formally and informally, in speaking and in writing. They will deliver clear, concise, accurate, articulate and persuasive written and oral messages, supply supporting facts as necessary and are adept at tailoring their communication to their audience. They will demonstrate ability to prepare reports, documentation, and other written information thoroughly and completely.
- Results Orientation: Successful candidate wants results and is motivated by timely outcomes. They are steadfast in pursuit of their goals, focus on their target, and persevere in the face of adversity. They are tenacious and get things done, demonstrating and fostering a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals. They work effectively without undue oversight.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Successful candidate welcomes and acknowledges the ideas and input of others. They contribute one’s fair share of work to group efforts. They make productive contributions in meetings. They look for ways to collaborate with others and volunteer to help others when needed.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Medium lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.