Sr. Project Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Senior Projects Manager (SPM) assumes the entire accountability for delivering both standard and nonstandard, complex, and high-risk projects from conception to completion. The SPM will also maintain and foster long-term client relationships by clearly setting and communicating achievable expectations with the client and internal team members.
This position consults with diverse stakeholders and develops and implements strategic plans to mitigate risks, engages appropriate internal and external teams to target and achieve results and prioritizes tasks to overcome risks, constraints, and obstacles. The SPM provides mentorship, leadership, and motivation to drive towards a successful completion of the project, and build the strength, ability, and confidence of the entire PMO.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees the entire process of the planning, execution, and delivery of multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously, enterprise wide for a variety of different clients and business needs
- Facilitate meetings with client to review and define scope of the project; obtain additional documentation as required
- Accountable for the financial health of all projects based on contract terms inclusive of project charter, schedule, budget, accurate forecasting, and accruals while owning approved project margins for each project
- Develop project execution plan that reflects/encompasses a full project schedule, budget, and risks.
- Facilitate internal project kick off meetings, such as project kick off, planning, risk mitigation, etc., with critical stakeholders ensuring adequate representation from business development, subject matter experts, field delivery personnel to guarantee project goals are met.
- Develop, approve, and manage, schedule and budget based on customer contract; will share profit margin accountability with Site Manager while maintaining the health, safety, and integrity of project execution
- Primary point of contact with clients and third-party subcontractors; will enable open lines of communication between client, sub contractors, field delivery, and other support groups to ensure successful execution of the project
- Lead the project team in accomplishing projects goals while keeping the project to scope, on schedule, and within budget
- Accountable for reviewing contract terms and implementing change orders as required; will escalate to business development and Manager, Project Management
- Keep internal and external stakeholders informed of project activities and deliverables, will flag unanticipated risks quickly to ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies are implemented
- Adhere to and recommends improvements to company project management processes, standard operating procedures, periodic financial cadence, and company safety programs
- Create accurate and timeline invoices and change orders; submit to clients in accordance to standards
- Prepare for and facilitate internal and external closeout meetings and lessons learned; may conduct internal presentations for learning purpose.
- Accountable for adhering to and making recommendations to project document control processes, ensuring project files are complete for future reference as required
- Ensures safe work practices and SOPs are implemented throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure client report has completed the appropriate technical reviews prior to on time delivery to client
- Provide mentorship to Project Managers and Project Coordinators
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications:
- Post Secondary education a preferred minimum of 10 years of related work experience, or high school diploma a preferred minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
- Deep understanding of water/energy industry
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or must obtain certification within the first year of the role
- Extensive experience with Project Management with alinement to Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Excellent team leadership skills and experience; prior indirect/direct supervisory experience an asset.
- Is highly influential and persuasive, develops trusted relationships internally and externally
- Strong business acumen, understands project margin drivers, market, and environmental factors
- Experience managing multiple complex projects in accordance to scope, budget, and timeline
- Experience working directly with customers/clients
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits sound judgement, has the willingness to make decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Displays critical thinking and creativity
- Manages competing demands, and able to deal with frequent change, delays, and unexpected events
- Previous experience with mentoring and coaching
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proven ability to make decisions that are based on analytics/facts/observations and adhere to standard operating procedures/policies
- Able to ensure project deliverables are compliant with all applicable codes and standards, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Safety, Environment, and Quality.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, or walk; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands and fingers, handle standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to view a computer monitor, spreadsheets, documents, and other reports for extended periods of time.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- May be required to travel to meet with clients or be present on worksite. Less than 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.