Technical Product Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Key technical resource of sales personnel, distributors, OEM customers and contractors. In addition, this role advises the Product Line Manager in all tasks related to day-to-day operations as well as develops and implements long term strategies for profitable growth around product lines.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develops specifications for new product designs, sizes, market driven modifications with team; develops key aspects of marketing strategies and value proposition statements incorporating these product improvements.
- Develops forecasts for given product lines.
- Prepares quotes on non-price book items for marketing and sales teams.
- Recommends product improvement and additions to existing product lines based on knowledge of problem resolution and customer requests.
- Answers customer inquiries regarding product application and performance and assists in product selection.
- Prepares catalogs, instruction manuals and marketing/promotional literature for customers and sales personnel.
- Works with e-Commerce group to keep on-line information on pricing, product data, etc., up to date and relevant with current product lines. Conducts testing of e-Biz platforms to ensure proper information and functionality.
- Completes change management for covered products to include notifications to the customer .
- Participates as a member of product development team(s) to develop, manufacture and release new products for assigned product segment.
- Travels to domestic conferences, customers, and trade shows as required.
- Performs all other duties or assignment as directed by the Product Manager.
- Cross trains on related products to ensure capability to back up other product specialists.
- Cross Boundary Collaboration
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Inspiring Accountability
- Customer Solution Orientation
- Time Management
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Project Leadership
- Solution Design
- System Thinking
- Technical Problem Solving
- Proficiency w/word, excel and powerpoint
- External: Customers, Representatives, Vendors
- Internal: All functional areas of the business including sales, operations and finance.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Required Qualifications: BS Engineering (mechanical or electrical preferred) or Business or relevant experience.
3 – 5 years experience preferred.
- HVAC System Knowledge
- Prior Product Specialist or Product Management Experience.
- Experience with pumping products
- Light duty, normal desk environment.
- Normal office environment
- Standard weekly job hours: 40
Travel requirement: 10-15%
EOE including disability and veteran