1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Key member of Centrifugal Product Management Team providing technical assistance and assisting with long term product strategy and management. Provides technical support and assistance to sales personnel, distributors, OEM customers and contractors. In addition, this role will also support the Product Line Manager in all tasks related to day-to-day operations as well as in developing and implementing long term strategies for profitable growth around product lines.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist Product Line Manager(s) in developing new product designs, sizes, market driven modifications; assists in the development of marketing strategies and value proposition statements around these product improvements.
- Assist Product Line Manager in developing sales/demand forecasts for given product lines.
- Prepares quotes on non-price book items for marketing and sales teams.
- Recommends product improvement and additions to existing product lines based on knowledge of problem resolution and customer requests.
- Answers customer inquiries regarding product application and performance and assists in product selection.
- Prepares catalogs, instruction manuals and marketing/promotional literature for customers and sales personnel.
- Works with e-Commerce group to keep on-line information on pricing, product data, etc., up to date and relevant with current product lines. Conducts testing of e-Biz platforms to ensure proper information and functionality.
- Completes change management for covered products to include notifications to the customer.
- Participates as a member of product development team(s) to develop, manufacture and release new products for assigned product segment.
- Performs all other duties or assignment as directed by the Product Manager
- External: Customers, Representatives, Vendors
- Internal: All functional areas of the business including sales, operations and finance.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Engineering, mechanical or electrical preferred, Business, marketing preferred or relevant experience
- 3+ years of product specialist or product management experience
- HVAC System Knowledge
- Prior Product Specialist or Product Management Experience.
- Experience with pumping products
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran