Product Manager-Energy Solutions
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Product Manager, Energy Solutions is responsible for managing, developing, and driving profitable business growth for the Global Energy Solutions market. This role manages a variety of software and solution products through the whole lifecycle by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, creating the value proposition, setting the strategic vision for the product lines, and working closely with Product Owners, Developers, and Sales to deliver and maintain winning products in the market. This position is responsible for developing and executing strategies to maximize product line profitability including managing product pricing, defining engineering priorities, targeting products to be discontinued, and performing competitive analysis. This role is also responsible for working with marketing to promote and develop content for training and marketing.
**This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Defining the product strategy
- Develops the product roadmap covering product positioning and value proposition per product line to serve as input into product development resource allocation, business development, and communications.
- Manages the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the product line including new product development, value improvements, product introductions, ongoing marketing, product support, and service.
- Collaborates effectively with marketing to develop launch plans that will empower sales and to develop content for thought leadership and brand promotion.
- Assigns and takes ownership of the Xylen Product Development process by actively driving and participating in the tollgate process: by developing the business case, pricing, product specification, etc. with the understanding of customer and market needs.
- Understands and specifies market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting product-related market research supported by Voice of Customer received through ongoing visits to customers and other stakeholders.
- Frames the vertical offer, collaboratively with key stakeholders, by packaging the products, software, and services into a cohesive solution offering with a clear value proposition.
- Monitors competition concerning market performance, product portfolio, and product performance.
Sales and Profitability
- Understands and provides data for the S&OP forecast. If targets are not met, execute on the countermeasures.
- Collaborates with local Sales and Marketing teams to understand the rationale behind wins and losses and market trends. Carefully follows up on sales, orders, and standard margin to understand if targets have been reached, and if not, to identify and drive actions to close the gap.
- Provides strategic pricing guidelines across markets.
- Manages the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in the market verticals by ensuring the competitiveness of products (costs, features, price) by developing relevant business cases for decision making.
- Manages the entire product life cycle through phase-out while maintaining competitive portfolio offerings and a healthy pipeline of new product ideas.
- Has a broad understanding of the competitors in the industry from a high-level financial viewpoint as well as their product offerings.
- Drives and execute product launches according to the product marketing launch process in close collaboration with the Vertical Marketing, Commercial Teams, and Communications. Be responsible for resource allocation and preparation to do a proper launch in time including strategic pricing, product availability, training material and plan, information in product selection and configuration programs, communications material, etc.
- Works closely with engineering and operations to identify and execute value engineering opportunities within the products and tools.
- Provides pricing guidelines across markets.
Guardianship & Support
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise and consistently communicates product vision and goals.
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows, and association events.
- Actively participates in the development of sales tools and ensures product data is updated.
- Accountable for the technical performance of the products as defined in the product specifications.
- Works closely with Vertical Marketing to generate and manage product and application content (brochures, technical data, white papers, the website, etc.).
- Builds relationships with customers and effectively prioritizes customer feedback for consideration in the development roadmap.
- Develops business cases, when required, as the foundation for product brand decisions.
- Engages in thought leadership activities (e.g. white papers) by developing content and/or presenting.
- Develops an appealing, quantified, value proposition that is validated through market research, Voice of the Customer, and other data inputs.
- Collaborates with Sales, Vertical Marketing, and R&D to drive next-generation value propositions through a rigorous understanding of the VOC.
- Develops complete internal communication package e.g. product release notes.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution, or equivalent field experience.
- A higher degree in Business Administration is desirable
- A minimum of 5 years experience within product management roles
- Experience in software development is desired
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment in a matrix organization
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management, and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and problem-solving skills to effectively work with customers, business partners, peers, and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Ability to understand technical issues and their impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to project stakeholders.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually per
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.