Manager, Global Financial Planning & Analysis
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Manager of Global FP&A will play a key role in developing and maintaining reporting and analytics on monthly and quarterly performance. This role will provide a unique opportunity to be involved with every aspect of the business and provide routine access to executive management. This position will assume the main responsibility for developing key quarterly deliverables used in our external earnings report materials.
The ideal candidate will have experience building deep business partner relationships across the organization and will have worked at companies where the finance function is positioned as a critical strategic asset, and a driver of risk-informed, data-driven decisions. Finally, a continuous improvement mindset will be highly valued as the company looks to streamline reporting and reduce complexity.
This position will also have managerial oversight of our new Finance Development Leadership Program associate.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop a complete understanding of Xylem’s internal management reporting including managed region and growth center reporting along with an understanding of how consolidated results by segment utilized for external financial reporting is derived.
- Prepare monthly financial management reports against forecast, budget, and prior year for both senior finance and business leaders and tailor the reports to provide a level of detail appropriate to the audience. Recognize trends, communicate observations and provide recommendations.
- Maintain monthly and quarter business review templates and look for opportunities to automate where possible in conjunction with the Onestreamapplication team. We are exploring all forms of technology, including Artificial Intelligence, to automate reporting while freeing up capacity to complete more sophisticated analytics.
- Manage key external reporting deliverables to Investor Relations and Corporate Accounting including roll-forward profitability analyses and end market revenue reporting. Provide consolidated summaries with explanations of key drivers and variances.
- Identify opportunities to reduce work associated with the business review and ongoing deliverables.
Planning & Forecasting
- Assists the Senior Director of FP&A with the quarterly forecast process and annual Operating Plan/Budget process, including developing and maintaining the monthly calendar of deadlines.
- Evaluate individual business unit’s financial forecasts and budgets, identifying errors or inconsistences and ensuring high quality submissions by following up with FP&A leaders to resolve missing or incomplete submissions.
- Coordinate the development of global profitability roll forward analyses and end market revenue forecasts/plans by business units, validate, and prepare segment and total consolidated reports.
Decision Support/Business Partnering
- Establish and maintain positive, ongoing relationships with the global FP&A leaders and other finance and business management staff and be recognized for providing business insights from the financial results.
- Support ad-hoc projects to evaluate the financial implications and returns from significant investments or changes in functional business models both at the corporate HQ and company wide.
- Communicate financial concepts to business leaders in a way that is understandable to those without formal accounting and finance training.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, finance, accounting, economics or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience including experience working in a large global corporation with ability to work with people from diverse countries and cultures.
- Advanced analytic, financial reporting, and financial modeling skills, including experience developing integrated P&L, balance sheet and cash flow models.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), OneSource, or have a strong aptitude for multi-dimensional financial reporting databases including understanding of design of underlying financial technology to support planning, consolidations, analyses and reporting.
- Ability to be both highly detailed and accurate while also able to convey key drivers of consolidated results to senior management. Accuracy is highly important as the audience is often executive level staff and the decisions being made are significant in scope and impact our external investor communications.
- Ability to work with both a variety of management and staff levels including senior executives.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and proactively identify and execute actions needed to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Embraces and helps drive change while working with minimal supervision.
- Experience successfully working in a matrix organization.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran