Director, Change Management and Training
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Director, Change Management and Training plays a key role in ensuring that all IT projects meet objectives by delivering effective change management, internal communications and training support. This role is responsible for leading a team responsible for creating and implementing comprehensive change management and training plans that maximize employee adoption and usage of new tools and processes on a global scale while also minimizing resistance. The Director of Change Management and Training will work directly with senior leaders as well as project team leaders on implementation plans with a focus on helping to develop realistic and achievable timelines based on impact analysis, identifying relevant cross-functional stakeholders, and integrating change management activities into the project plan. The Director, Change Management and Training acts as a coach for senior leaders and managers in their roles as change sponsors and as they help their teams through transitions. This role works through others in the organization and will need to create successful partnerships to succeed. Preference is for this role to be located in Rye Brook, NY but alternate locations may be considered.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Works with IT Senior Leadership and the PMO to understand and contribute to the prioritization and strategic goals of the organization. Serve as a member of the IT extended leadership team.
- Utilize change management methodologies to support and/or manage large-scale global business transformations
- Develop a change and training organizational resource structure that aligns to Xylem’s global initiatives
- Lead, mentor, coach and develop a team of change, and training leads
- Manage change and training activities within related projects, identifying interdependencies and effective interventions designed to avoid risk to project and program execution deliverables
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities: Apply change management processes and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by Xylem’s strategic initiatives. Ensure projects remain on track by conducting routine assessments at key checkpoints, looping in the proper stakeholders as necessary.
- Assess the change impact: Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Support training efforts: Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs.
- Lead internal communication activities: Design, develop and execute communications plan, including content and deliverables, to ensure clear understanding of programs. Develop communications materials such as FAQs and presentations appropriate to the audience, distilling large amounts of information into cogent messages.
- Manage the financial aspects of communication and change initiatives such as training, change network events, and adoption activities, ensuring operating decisions are in line with budgets, mandates and policies.
- Incorporate functional practices of lean/continuous improvement, change management, and business transformation
- Responsible for vendor selection, quality management and invoicing related to change management programs.
- Ensure change management planning includes governance, alignment, integration, optimization and tracking of performance metrics.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Change management certification or designation desired; Prosci a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable in Business Management, Change Management , Communications or related field
- 10+ years of organizational change management experience working with a structured change management methodology; experience supporting internal communications, change communications, employee engagement
- Previous experience leading large-scale business transformation and change management programs within a global, matrixed environment
- 5+ years leading small to mid-size teams responsible for global change management
- 5+ years managing budgets and forecasting of large scale projects or programs
- Professional presence to coach, counsel, influence and challenge
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop change management strategy, including impact analysis, stakeholder analysis, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan training plan, resistance management plan
- Ability to define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Ability to develop internal communications strategy, including audience segmentation, definition of messages and channel selection
- A solid understanding of how people go through change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools; previous experience in developing and executing a global change management plan is imperative
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project
- Excellent active listening skills
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft Word, PPT, Excel; Graphic design experience (including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Change Management certification or designation desired but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment or remotely.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May require travel to project sites.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel: Approximately 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.