The Office Coordinator is responsible for supporting the site and functional teams in smooth running of core operational activities on site. The role will represent the company in a professional and friendly manner, greet and assist visitors, carry out variety of administrative and transactional activities in line with company procedures. Assist with ensuring processes are in place for relevant activities, seek ways for improvement and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) local contact, support with coordinating activities, assist with and/or escalate queries received from internal and/or external customers. Ensure functions review and take ownership of GDPR requirements within functional processes and documentations.
- Support and assist with coordination of Watermark (social corporate responsibility) related activities i.e. Watermark Champions meetings, creating events on system, preparing communications and promotional materials, recording volunteer hours
- Supporting Quality function with Engineering Change Request (ECR) actions, sending engineering drawings, adhering to BSI standards, updating metal prices, assisting with reject checks, systems updates
- Assisting with Lobe certification process as back up if and when required
- Responsible for handling reception duties including preparing rotas, provision of customer care to visitors, managing international and local post; support to ensure written procedures are in place for all reception based activities
- Supports the HR function in coordinating engagement initiatives, services and improvements across the site i.e. recognition scheme, occupational health etc.
- Assist with site related communications, prepare and consolidate presentation slides, produce, distribute and maintain communications through multiple channels i.e. notice boards, screens, table talkers, XylemNOW
- Support with planning and organizing social and annual events, internal or external training (i.e. Health & Safety, Human Resources), scheduling reoccurring meetings i.e. local leadership, site communications, Watermark meetings
- Provide note taking support as and when required including confidential meetings and adhering to confidentiality of matters being discussed.
- Support with sourcing suppliers, raising purchase orders and ordering indirect goods and services through GEP and company processes i.e. safety equipment, PPE, gift vouchers, manufacturing and facilities goods
- Support with transactional finance activities i.e. raising purchase orders, new supplier set up, first level approval on indirect spend related to tools and other vendor managed items, assist with queries and investigations
- Support with the handling of Company Insurance Certification and office contracts i.e. (cleaning, services, third party storage) in liaison with other functions as required
- Assist management team with obtaining quotes for travel and accommodations arrangements.
- Responsible for the provision and refilling of tea/coffee supplies in meeting rooms
- Provide general ad hoc administrative support to functions such as, project work, preparation and review of reports, writing of communications and procedures, maintaining records and files with effective filing system
- Responsible for accurate and timely input of overtime, clockings and absence data within the Mitrefinch Time Management System (TMS)
- Provide colleagues with basic training on procedures or system (i.e. TMS) as and when required
- Booking in non-inventory items in LX (ERP) system
- Responsible for handling of petty cash and company banking, assisting with payments processes
- Provide assistance in other administrative activities, as and when required, in the absence of administrator/coordinators for continuity of support across the site.
- Follow all ESH policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for your own safety & watch out for the safety of co-workers and co-operate with employer on ESH matters
- Immediately report hazards, near misses and unsafe behaviours to your supervisor
- Participate in safety related activities as appropriate i.e. risk assessment process / audits
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Effective communication
- Inspiring accountability
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certfication:
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional, approachable and customer focused
- Effective communication verbal and written, experience of creating procedures
- Demonstrates a high regard and compliance to procedures
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, ability to work on own initiative for problem solving
- Demonstrates to be an effective team player
- Competent with using IT software and Microsoft office including experience of using PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrates adaptability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to follow instructions, strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Administrative experience in a similar role is essential