Engineers/Sr. Engineers Localization-2
Engineer/Sr. Mechanical Engineer EM Localization
Overview of Xylem
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Overview of Growth Center, if applicable – example below:
India Technology Center (ITC) helps Growth centers of Xylem such as AWS, Transport, Treatment and Analytics in wide range of activities that includes New Product Development, Value Engineering, Sustain Engineering and Software development. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services.
Brief Description/Job Summary (this section is to be used for postings on social media outlets – examples below):
ITC Vadodara campus, seeks to hire a Mechanical Engineer, in this position, the suitable candidate is responsible to work with Engineers/Managers globally/Locally on localization project for development of global product in Emerging Market region. The engineer works from India technology Centre and has to coordinate with other engineers & leaders to ensure timely completion of the localization product development given by the Xylem global engineering centers/Local Manager
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Localization of any pump or any global product to Emerging market.
- Order Engineering to interpret the customer’s requirements into designs, models and order drawings in accordance with specifications and Xylem standard standards.
- Preparation and modification of BOM and Part lists in ERP system.
- Create engineering drawings, layouts and schematic preparations utilizing 3D software.
- The engineer will assist to work with documentation control, local vendors, and manufacturing to ensure smooth process for product localization.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- (B.E (Mechanical) with 2 to 4 years’ experience in the pump and pumping stations domain.
- Experience in working with ERP system must.
- Working knowledge in Bills of Material definition and modification.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Creo, Solid work is must.
- Knowledge in pump design and development.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of GD&T and its uses.
- An Interpersonal and communication skill, Effective communication in English is must.
- Co-ordination among Inter-company & Intra-Company people for product development, execution and installation.
- Able to work independently.
- Creativity (i.e. – ability to approach projects in non-traditional fashion).
- Should be ready to travel and also do short term stays of 1 week to 3 months, both within the country and also globally. However, in special project/bubble assignment, the travel span can go from 3 months to 1 year.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
Xylem offers you an exciting career in an international environment, with a global network of sales companies, suppliers and manufacturers. You will work actively with other departments, developing new technologies and products and managing existing ones, supporting our mission to become the world leader in providing cutting edge products / solutions that solve some of the most challenging needs in market place. We will focus on your personal development and prepare you on your present and future career path.