Revenue Recognition Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have an in depth knowledge of US GAAP, with a focus on revenue recognition rules for product, service and technology companies (ASC 606)
- Provide recommendations to legal and sales on how to appropriately structure sales contracts to avoid revenue recognition issues after execution
- Partner with Operations Finance to provide a view on future revenue timing, impacts of sales concessions, and the impacts from other negotiating inputs
- Evaluate final executed agreements and document accounting conclusions in technical memorandum
- Upload accounting conclusions and contract characteristics into the Company’s electronic contract management system (SalesForce/Appttus)
- Perform contract management within the Company’s Automated Revenue System (RevPro)
- Perform validation activities for transactions which kick out of RevPro
- Ensure all necessary JE’s have been recorded via RevPro interface at the end of each week
- Help lead the implementation of best practices for revenue team counterparts worldwide to scale business and global revenue expansion.
- Continuously improve the global accounting processes and procedures by identifying areas to streamline, automate or refine
- Partner with the accounting and reporting team to provide guidance on complex transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, impairments, restructuring, litigation, etc.
- Provide training on technical topics to finance teams within the segment
- Provide assistance with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Interface with both internal and external auditors in support of audit procedures
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance is required
- ASC 606 experience
- CPA preferred
- Ability to influence decisions based on expertise
- Proficient in Excel
- Public accounting experience preferred (“Big 4” Experience a plus)
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor working with the internal team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.