Executive Communications Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Executive Communications Manager to join our team of corporate communications professionals delivering strategic and tactical support across our global organization. This position will report to the Senior Director of Communication.
The ideal candidate will create strategic executive communications plans that promote the organization and its initiatives. You will partner with senior executives in various locations and leverage your passion for communications to deliver compelling content and thoughtful recommendations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans for C-level executives, vice presidents and other senior leaders
- Collaborate with other communications team members to manage alignment of messaging and deliver integrated communication activities
- Work with organization stakeholders to understand initiatives and provide input on messaging and positioning
- Counsel and coach executives on content and storytelling that is compelling, aligned with the brand values and supports company goals and objectives
- Manage content distribution across multiple channels including the company intranet, internal and external social media platforms and digital signs
- Take ownership of Quarterly Business Update events and manage all requirements—from agenda planning through post-event survey data analysis
- Provide C-level support for major trade shows, employee gatherings and the annual customer/distributor conference
- Measure the effectiveness of communication programs and initiatives and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Partner closely with communications team members within our organization and in our parent company to build relationships and leverage our collective abilities to deliver compelling and consistent messaging
- Manage vendor relationships as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or English
- Seven to 10 years of relevant experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated success as a trusted advisor to senior executives
- Strong presentation coaching, high-level PowerPoint skills required
- Event management experience, specific to executive support
- Experience in executive thought leadership and social media strategy and management
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint and SharePoint; Adobe Creative Cloud experience is a plus
- Remote meeting tool experience (WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Still photography experience is a plus; audio and video editing experience is desired
- Approximately 10 percent travel required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran