Field Mechanic with CDL
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The position of Pump Repair Mechanic III is responsible for trouble-shooting, service, repair and maintenance of Xylem equipment in a safe and efficient manner in the shop or at a customer job site.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform engine diagnostics utilizing Caterpillar ET or John Deere Service Advisor.
- Troubleshoot diesel engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems and pump end issues and repair/rebuild as necessary.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and servicing as directed on Xylem equipment between each rental. Diagnose and report any damage to the Service Manager.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list for assigned Xylem equipment. Review list of parts with Service Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on Company vehicles and shop support equipment as directed (air dryer, chain saws, lifts, etc.).
- Assist customer and/or Xylem personnel with setting up pumping systems on customer job sites as needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Three to five years of experience and/or training or combination of education, training
- Experience with Tier 4 diesel engine repairs and maintenance preferred
- Proficiency with Caterpillar ET and John Deere Service Advisor diagnostic tools
- Ability to diagnose complex mechanical and electrical issues
- Advanced knowledge and experience with diesel engine repairs
- Thorough understanding of the methods, materials, tools and techniques used in equipment repair and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and managers both verbally and in writing
Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Commercial driver license
- DOT Medical card
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Prolonged standing on concrete floors; lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; moderate bending and stooping
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
EOE including disability and veteran