IT Software Development & Operations (Remote)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The DevOps Operations Engineer is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, monitoring, tooling, and automation of the Web Application operational activities and the deployment of product updates to higher environments. They proactively identify production risks and take steps to mitigate them. They have a solid background in software engineering and good working knowledge of Cloud architecture, CI/CD, and scripting experience and works closely with the Network, Cybersecurity, and Directory services team to ensure the Web Application is architected and operated in compliance with all the organization policies and procedures.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Implement and manage continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems and methodologies
- Design and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Assist with the creation of automation scripts and declarative templates for provisioning cloud resources, rolling out tools and new features
- Help with monitoring systems and providing support
- Work with extended teams to achieve business objectives
- Collaborate with engineering team members to detect and resolve infrastructure problems
- Perform ongoing routine DevOps maintenance tasks
- CI/CD & Automation of Build/Test/Deploy
- Infrastructure & Networking
- Incident Response/Site Reliability
- Configuration and Deployment
- Logging, Data Aggregation, and Traffic Monitoring
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Must be detail oriented and logical
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Be proactive and innovative
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience is required.
- 5 plus year web development or operations experience.
- 1 Year minimum cloud-based Web Application Operations, preferably using Azure.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum software development model.
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative working with cross functional teams.
- Expertise in infrastructure deployment automation preferably using Terraform
- Terraform Coding
- Exposure to JIRA and Bitbucket tools
- Azure DevOps Deployment
- Release Management
- Firewall rules
- Vulnerability scan
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment
- Regularly required to move about an office and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel requirement: 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $95,000 to $120,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.