1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: As a member of the Professional Services Team, this key person will drive the technical architecture and design of the Sensus RNI head end system for client engagements. The Architect will write technical specifications, functional, and non-functional requirements for the Sensus RNI. This individual will consult with clients and guide them on decisions with regards to their projects that will make the client and Sensus successful. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to support and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that system architecture initiatives are in alignment with corporate directives. This individual will have extensive experience interacting with clients. This key person will also have experience allocating and planning work with development staff. Travel to client sites is required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide Architecture and design oversight for professional services engagements.
- Work with Software Professional Services developers to deliver Software professional services development projects.
- Create and formalize professional services processes and procedures.
- Work with product development team to ensure that PS development processes and procedures and in line with product development processes and procedures.
- In cooperation with Sensus Marketing and Development teams, incorporate client product feedback into RNI product life cycle.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science; advanced degree desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to create solution architectural diagrams for customers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide integration details within the solution architecture for customers.
- Demonstrated ability to advise customers about best practices for technical and business process implementations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience serving as a consultant, specifically with regards to solution implementation, integration design, and business processes.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in leading design workshops with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a Subject Matter Expert to internal and external customers with regards to solution design, integration, and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in defining an overall technical solution, understanding the business requirements for the solution, and developing a solution for any gaps between the technical and business requirements.
- Experience creating Technical Requirements Documents and Business Requirements Documents for customers.
- Experience serving as a consultant for technically oriented customers
- Utility industry knowledge preferred.
- Proven ability to assist customers with issues that arise either during or after deployments.
- Demonstrated creativity to problem resolution.
- Customer focus and customer facing experience is required for this role.
- Demonstrated commitment to Continuous Improvement with a track record of making changes to improve process and customer experience.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- 50% travel will be required, based on customer demands. Travel for this role however will not be weekly.
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.