Field Sales Engineer (Ireland)
To sell and support a number of products manufactured by Xylem Analytics to include
• Auto Titrators
• pH Meters
• BioChemistry Analysers
• TOC Analysis
• Amongst others
These products are focused in a number of markets, Food and Beverage, Pharma, BioTech and general laboratory.
The role is to sell instrumentation directly to end users but also to support our distribution partners within the area by completing technical support, demonstrations, installations and training.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background in science, with a relevant education / degree, and proven sales experience selling into the target markets. Plus bring with them knowledge of the market and be comfortable to prospect outside of current customer databases.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Pursue sales leads; visit existing and new customers; assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services; respond to customer enquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times within limits of authority; and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets.
- Identify, research, and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Refer sales leads, customer feedback, and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer demands.
- Establish annual, quarterly, monthly, or weekly sales plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so these targets are met.
- Support distribution partners with technical info, demonstrations and installations
- Attend exhibitions and conferences to represent Xylem Analytics
- Aid Sales Manager in sales strategies, goals and implementation
- Maintain accurate expense reports
- Maintain company lease car (according to company policy)
- Plus any other duties deemed necessary
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
- Market knowledge
- Inspiring accountability
- Sales execution
- Sales strategy & planning
- External: Contact with EU / US manufacturing sites for support etc.
- Internal: Quarterly reviews at HQ in Kent. Daily correspondence with sales manager and office.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Scientific qualifications
- Technical background within a scientific field.
- Considerable experience of scientific sales.
- Full Driving License.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Science. (Or equivalent)