Xylem, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. We are committed to creating an organisation of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
The Bid Manager role could be based out of Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Melbourne and will join the Product Marketing and Applications team to support our customers and external sales team.
This Bid Manager is responsible for managing bids and technical enquiries by leading the sourcing, review and bid or quote submission for contracts, projects and technical enquiries.
You will ensure all bids and quotes are commercially viable and profitable, technically sound and delivers on the customer experience.
This role will see you:
- Collaborate and coordinate bids externally and internally, including leadership in relating and discovering with internal teams within the business
- Select, configure, price and quote to meet customer specifications with best technical and commercial fit, including preparing detailed designs, costings and any other tender specific documents
- Collaborate across functions in the business to deliver a strong technical solution on a range of Xylem products
- Ensures timely handover of won bids/orders to our project delivery team
- Improves and enforces strong commercial and operational review, including leveraging Procurement and CI efforts to ensure bids are commercially viable and profitable
- Involvement in forecasting, pricing changes, reporting, budgeting and analysis
- Drive continuous improvement through review and action of improvement opportunities in daily work for all customer touchpoints
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, business or related discipline
- Engineering/contracts administration with exposure to business management principles
- Demonstrated commercial experience in pump, water or similar industry
- Current driver's license, with the ability to travel
- Strong mathematical aptitude formulating quotations/tenders or estimating for project work
- Excellent problem-solving abilities with a customer focus
Apply Now to become part of a globally recognised company earning a Top Score for Workplace Equality from Human Rights Campaign for Third Year Running and winning the “Net Zero” Leadership at Global Water Awards. Be part of a loyal, hardworking team that are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development. Be rewarded with fantastic benefits like subsidised health insurance, company funded income protection, subsidised gym memberships and bonuses, just to list a few. To discuss the position or book a confidential discussion please email [email protected].