1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Applications Engineer position will provide technical product support, application assistance, and product training to the internal team members. Work efforts include technical support such as specification review, product selection and order feasibility; project management including order execution and follow up and engagement in special projects to support continuous improvement to increase productivity and reduce cycle time while increasing legendary customer service.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the end user sales team by providing pre through post-sales technical and commercial support.
- Provide Applications Engineering support to internal team with design and proposal of Xylem’s systems; specification review for the purposes of identifying and facilitating pre-bid needs.
- Prepare customer proposals for assigned projects. Includes project takeoffs, specification review, and special quote generation.
- Coordinate with engineering teams for technical support.
- Develop technical depth and understanding of Xylem products and applications knowledge.
- Handle order to cash process. Prepare cost estimates, proposals and work with sales in negotiating final price resulting from scope of supply changes.
- Coordinate shipping processes to meet project schedule requirements. Review equipment order status reports as needed, to identify critical delivery requirements. Coordinate equipment delivery requirements with the Customer.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM), quotation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools to input new data and maintain existing data to current status to support internal and external customer interactions and needs.
- Create legendary customer service experiences for all customers.
- Provide support as requested for technical education and training on product application software tools, technical product information, process flow or general customer support to other sales support positions.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, create training tools or to support Xylem initiatives as determined and conduct related presentations or training sessions
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-year degree in Industrial /Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience (manufacturing environment preferred)
- Technical knowledge as it relates to the understanding of industrial applications
- Strong customer service soft skills
- Good collaborative and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and task management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Configure Price Quote (CPQ), and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools
- Ability to gain expertise in Xylem product configuration and selection tools
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Business Office Environment that includes laptop and standard office equipment; work performed in an open plan, cubicle work space setting
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.