1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Tax Accountant in the M&CS FP&A organization. This position is responsible for supporting the operational and finance leaders of the M&CS business in making strategic, operational, and tactical decisions.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Complete quarterly tax provision calculations
- Work with external advisors and other functional leads to minimize cash taxes
- Provide training and information to operations regarding sales tax exposure on contracts
- Manage all audit queries from government agencies
- Assist in researching and providing tax advisory services on corporate initiatives
- Perform modeling as needed
- Special projects as required.
- Perform ad-hoc management related requests and analysis
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- S. or B.A. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation is considered an asset
- 10+ years experience in Finance and recent experience in a similar role.
- Previous Tax experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of standards under U.S. GAAP
- Thorough understanding of Canadian income taxes and sales taxes
- Working knowledge of US income taxes and sales/use taxes
- Working knowledge of One Stream or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX or equivalent ERP accounting system
- Working knowledge of IBM Cognos BI and Predictive Analytics or equivalent BI tools
- Proficiency using Excel to summarize and analyze data including use of pivot tables
- Proficiency using PowerPoint to illustrate and communicate financial results
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement
- Individual will be self-motivated and has experience working with multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less