Senior Director Finance, Integrated Supply Chain
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Finance Director to support Xylem’s Global Supply Chain organization to achieve its short term and long term objectives. This position will also help lead the transformation of the global operations finance team as it seeks to identify a more streamlined organization that drives consistent, leading practices across the company. Responsible for overseeing financial planning and analysis, specifically related to Xylem’s Integrated Supply Chain organization efforts for Growth Centers, Commercial Teams and headquarters entities. Responsibilities include critical analysis of savings initiatives included in financial forecasts, budgets, operating plans, long range plans and monthly and quarterly reviews to support senior management, including Senior Vice President and Chief Supply Chain Officer, Board of Directors and external financial reporting.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze and monitor continuous improvement and business transformation activities
- Drive consistency in operations finance reporting across Xylem units, including standard costing practices, productivity measures and other metrics
- Provide finance oversight for long range planning efforts within the Integrated Supply Chain for network optimization, overall gross margin improvement and working capital
- Assist in the establishment Growth Center targets related to working capital improvement, Global Strategic Sourcing and Continuous Improvement savings
- Provide support to Growth Center and Commercial Teams to ensure adherence to Xylem policies; driving consistency throughout the organization.
- Ensure consistency and standards in place around KBMs (ie OTD reporting, costing, unit manufacturing cost analysis, MvB analysis).
- Provide financial council to LEAN Six Sigma and Global Strategic Sourcing organizations
- Proactively analyzes and identifies cost savings opportunities as well as assists in the execution of programs to drive those opportunities
- Implement and administer policies around financial performance management, operating and strategic planning design and overall financial analysis.
- Develop operations partnership. Proactive identification of risks & opportunities and driving of mitigation or realization plans and strategic planning.
- Assist in monthly closing and reporting to ensure timeliness and accuracy of continuous improvement related metrics; support preparation of monthly and quarterly business reviews with leadership team.
- Act as key finance liaison between field finance and operations teams and corporate headquarters to ensure alignment
- Partner with Information Technology and local finance team to drive process improvement.
- Partner with Integrated Supply Chain leadership team to support efforts around Safety and Sustainability, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Global Procurement, Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning and On-time Delivery
- Partner with leadership team in Goal Deployment Process (GDP) taking an active role in success of Top Level Improvement Priorities (TLIP’s).
- Develop metrics that will help manage the business as it continues to evolve further that are uncomplicated yet effectively cover the key productivity and working capital improvement drivers. These metrics could be used by different levels of management, including branch managers that may not have a strong finance background.
- Provide support to the Investor Relations organization to capture Xylem productivity actions and related savings included in both current results as well as expected savings in both near-term and long-term planning; also assist in constructing talking points supporting these activities
- Ad hoc analysis as needed by management. Time would usually be of the essence in these analyses; this position needs to be able to work outside normal business hours.
- Help elevate the financial acumen of the Integrated Supply Chain organization through supporting finance training efforts (eg. “Finance for non-finance”)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in finance with a manufacturing company, with deep expertise in standard costing and cost accounting
- Experience in successful Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP or SIOP) processes
- Experience in inventory management
- Factory and product cost ability analysis.
- Experience with OneStream a plus but not required.
- Proven analytical ability, leadership, and business impacting results required.
- Demonstrated financial planning experience required.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, prioritization, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively across multiple time zones and to foster team development with different cultures.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to communicate to non-finance team members is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and databases – especially Excel. Experience with Hyperion and Business Objects preferred.
- Manufacturing or distribution experience preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt preferred.
- ERP experiences preferred.
- Strategic Thinking: Successful candidate collaborates with business peers and corporate leadership to develop and drive strategies to achieve Xylem’s near- and long-term objectives, communicates the rationale (the “how” and “why”) and strongly advocates for these strategies across a Growth Center, Commercial Team or sub-function
- Champions Collaboration: Successful candidate breaks down barriers across the enterprise to capitalize on Xylem’s diverse assets and expertise, proactively shares information and implements useful practices across the enterprise and helps others across a across the enterprise achieve their goals
- Customer Focus: Successful candidate leverages relationships with internal and external customer leadership to anticipate what customers will need in the future and develops effective solutions and value propositions to meet their needs
- Communicates Clearly & Candidly: Successful candidate communicates with candor and conviction, takes a point of view, speaks up if in disagreement and doesn’t allow passive resistance to take hold; will also stay at the table until a solution is found
- Is Accountable and Delivers Results: Successful candidate executes, meets targets and deadlines, and develops counter-measures when needed; proactively communicates when commitments and timelines are at risk; also ensures work is delegated to the appropriate level, and empowers others to make independent decisions while holding them accountable
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.