1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Finance Manager who has overall responsibility for ensuring the local general ledger is compliant with US GAAP, statutory and Xylem policy requirements, providing financial/business analysis to support the America’s business including but not limited to support for monthly business reviews, product analysis, analysis of variances (from forecast, budget and prior year), special projects, working capital improvement analysis/actions, audit & balance sheet review support, and business simplification in the areas of GBS/Centralized FPA functions.
Lead, direct and control the Lubbock AWS Operation financial resources to maintain the short and long-term financial health of the site. Over $90M USD sales and nearly 220 employees. The Finance Manager is an internal part of the local team and contributes to strategic planning and decision making at the site level to develop and implement a financial strategy that aligns with the organization’s business objectives. The Finance Manager has overall responsibility for ensuring the local general ledger is compliant with US GAAP, statutory and Xylem policy requirements, providing financial/business analysis to support the America’s business including but not limited to support for monthly business reviews, product analysis, analysis of variances (from forecast, budget and prior year), special projects, working capital improvement analysis/actions, audit & balance sheet review support, and business simplification in the areas of GBS/Centralized FPA functions.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
BUDGETING AND MANAGEMENT REPORTING:
Responsible for financial reporting, planning and analysis including the following:
- Attend and lead Monthly Business Reviews
- Work in partnership with ACT Leadership & GC/CT’s
- Operations support to achieve Financial targets
- Operating Plan support
- Project Margin and Execution Review
- Strategic Sales and Operating Plan support
- Strategic Sourcing support
- Driving Supply Chain efficiencies (AP Days/ ITR)
- Strategic Plan support
- Close tracking of mfg spend & absorption
- Close tracking with procurement on PPV, inflation/ deflation
- Transfer price impact analysis
- Ops fixed assets
- Warranty & inventory reserve analysis
- S&OP input
- Drive working capital improvements
- GPA Planning & Control
LEADERSHIP AND STRATEGY
- Develops and/or administers functional objectives, operating policies and procedures, budget
- Serve as business partner to site GM to support site’s initiatives and make recommendations concerning business operations and resource allocation to improve financial performance and support operational excellence. Includes shared service strategy & ERP selection/ implementation.
- Lead, direct, evaluate and develop the finance team to ensure the organization’s financial strategy is implemented effectively, consistently and according to established guidelines.
- Assess current talent and determine staffing levels and strategic plans for talent development and succession planning, including establishing clear objectives, communicating specific performance feedback, and giving timely and thorough performance reviews (CPG).
- Support execution BGS strategy as well as future Organization design
- Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long term cash forecast. Engage Treasury, Collections, Sourcing as needed to improve cash flow. Support execution BGS strategy as well as future Organization design
- Ensures integrity of all compliance, internal and external reporting and coordination with GC and Xylem financial organizations and in line with US-GAAP, Local-GAAP, US-FCPA and local legal requirements.
- Drives Sarbanes-Oxley planning, coordination, site reviews and testing while working in conjunction with GC and Xylem Internal Audit, internal auditors and external auditors.
- Oversee the external audit, review and analyze results and recommend for approval the audited financial statements
- Business Acumen: Thinks as a business person and applies financial knowledge and expertise to make XYLEM successful.
- Acts as a Trusted Business Partner:Successful candidate builds trust and develops support among the businesses served. This person anticipates and recognizes opportunities for Finance to partner with the business to achieve successful decisions and outcomes.
- Customer Focus: Successful candidate is committed to deliver the best service possible to the businesses served. He/she adjusts approach as needed to ensure that financial programs and initiatives address the business needs, concerns and requests.
- Influence: Is an effective advocate for the finance organization. Can effectively influence people over whom he/she has no direct authority.
- Project Management: Sets effective priorities and ensures timely progress on key milestones, adapting approach to deal with changing needs and situations. Addresses obstacles and monitors progress to deliver on commitments.
- Professional Development:Committed to continuous learning / improvement in all areas of finance & development of Finance team.
- Able to Drive Performance in a Complex Organization
- Positive, driven, and energetic; able to roll-up his/her sleeves to get the job done in a lean environment.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity and lead organizations through it.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen; ability to deal with issues directly.
- True thought leader; ability to develop, articulate, and execute a clear pragmatic strategy.
- Significant maturity; able to balance the understanding and appreciation of existing business strengths with the need to anticipate new competitive imperatives.
- Decisive leader who sets high standards and drives performance; able to motivate, inspire, engage and develop a financial organization to achieve results.
- Ability to empower his/her organization in the advancement of a common vision.
- Optimizes the employee skill sets already available while identifying and addressing potential competency gaps.
- Ability to recruit, mentor and develop the next generation of financial leadership.
- Advocate of a strong, diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with solid executive presence and the ability to establish credibility.
- Demonstrated commitment to outstanding corporate citizenship.
- Track record of strong personal and professional integrity; committed to continue building a sustainable, profitable business while meeting the highest ethical standards.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Should have 10+ years relevant financial experience. Experience must include a strong focus in technical and managerial accounting / reporting and analysis in a manufacturing environment along with a demonstrated command of general and operational accounting, specifically Corporate, Legal and Regulatory requirements, cost accounting, project accounting (where appropriate) and day-to-day operational support.
- Additional experience in managing Sarbanes Oxley Compliance and operations planning and forecast strongly preferred.
- Must have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Industry experience should include manufacturing industry in a highly configured environment
- Fluent English
- Very good MS Office skills (Excel, Access) and experience with ERP systems
- Has preferably participated in, or lead, a turn-around or acquisition integration
- Influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in managing and facilitating teams through problem solving and conflict resolutions.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Requires BS/BA Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.